Senior Manager of Community at Rent the Runway
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Rent the Runway is looking for a Senior Manager of Community who will create and execute a bottoms up strategy for our community locally that will drive brand awareness, engagement and acquisition through community building. This person will play a critical role in scaling local ambassador programs, and creating meaningful brand and community building experiences that connect like-minded women and drive viral growth. In this highly collaborative and cross-functional role, you will play a critical role in building the brand on the ground.
- Responsible for creating a scalable, measurable and repeatable community strategy to drive engagement, awareness, WOM marketing and acquisition
- Identify & create relationships to drive brand awareness and adoption with key women in local markets & communities (Women of Influence, Customers, Corporate)
- Develop Brand Ambassador guidelines and toolkits that allow program to scale. Work with our BA’s customers to become key story tellers for the brand and create UGC content
- Create community groups for brand ambassadors that facilitate and spark word of mouth conversation about the brand and a platform to communicate with each other and the brand
- Build community engagement programming strategy and source and manage local partnerships in both stores and local markets to drive awareness and ongoing engagement
- Manage budgets for Local Marketing Programs (BA, events, local partnerships)
- Manage and develop local community managers across the country
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams (paid, earned & owned) on an integrated 360-marketing process to ensure that ambassador, local partnership and experiential efforts work together
- Collaborate with content and creative teams to build messaging/creative strategy for local community events and ambassador campaigns
- Integrate community strategy into our local stores and guide the store teams in their community relationships and activations
- Responsible for analyzing both qualitative and quantitative insights that we’re collecting on the ground and creating a weekly report to share with the organization
- Frequent travel to local cities to engage our BA community
- Bachelor’s degree plus 7+ years of experience in marketing, strategic partnerships role and/or building and scaling a community or membership program
- You are a community builder, both digitally and IRL. You are driven and thrive by by scaling community and love people.
- Customer - centric approach to everything
- Demonstrated leadership and team management experience - can inspire, motivate and lead high-performing teams
- Ability to create effective messaging strategies and tell compelling stories about our products and business to any audience
- Strong collaboration and communication skills to work cross-functionally across all teams
- Ability to think on your feet and move quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic mindset and understanding of how community impacts business strategy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills; must be personable yet persistent
- Possess an entrepreneurial and founder mindset, is a true hustler and ready to take on tasks outside of role with strong agility to change and to be flexible/resilient
- Ability to thrive and be resourceful in a fast-paced environment
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.