The Marketing team at Squarespace is in the midst of an exciting period of growth. We are looking for someone to help expand and scale our publishing and entertainment enterprise. The goal? To establish Squarespace as a premium, global content brand. You will lead a team of content marketers, editors, writers and social media strategists to grow the quality and quantity of our publishing, expand distribution through external partners and new formats, and launch new channels, all with the purpose of driving audience engagement, content consumption, brand favorability, and increased revenue.
With your impeccable editorial skills, we ask you have deep expertise in fueling growth, specifically scale and distribution. You will lead your team and partner with collaborators such as our award-winning creative department and product leads to open up new avenues across latest (audio, streaming, thought leadership, experiential) and established SQSP formats (blog, CRM, long-form video, social). You are interested in content and culture, and understands how to motivate a team to produce and amplify work that makes an impact and engages our community.
You will report into the Head of Brand Strategy, Content and Partnerships.
- Help guide a system and culture of content creation that embodies our brand, provides value to our community, and aligns with our larger goals
- Demonstrate expertise and lead strategic and complex projects that have impact on our direction for entertainment and publishing
- Partner with team members to analyze and evaluate workflows and recommend operational enhancements to improve efficiency
- Passion for content management, able to partner with others to develop requirements and project managing those solutions through to successful implementations
- Enhance key metric reporting and cost analyses to help optimize and improve the content strategy and to design go-to-market localization efforts by market, globally
- Select, attract, motivate, retain, and mentor team members. Mentor to support their performance and development
- Be a go-to contact with executive management of partner organizations and independently navigate relationships across departments and geographies
- Identify and pursue long-term opportunities based on research, analysis, and strategic view of the market
- 10+ years of experience in content development/management or growth/distribution. Foundations in journalism, publishing, or new media preferred
- Experience building, launching, and scaling products. Record of developing and executing new content series and content partnerships.
- Experience expanding content to global audiences -- through partnerships, global contributors, localization.
- Experience working with publishers and content producers related to digital distribution business models
- 2+ years of experience motivating and leading a team
- An entrepreneurial mindset, a fondness for experimentation, and action oriened
- Innovative and culturally attuned content perspective. Experience working at a media brand, preferably across various mediums and styles including tech, lifestyle, news, etc.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.