Senior Manager, Marketing Operations at Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. The products and services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
Stack Overflow is looking for a results-driven Marketing Operations Manager to join our Demand Generation team and lead key Marketing Ops projects that help fuel company growth. In this role, you will oversee our entire marketing infrastructure, including our full marketing tech stack, system integrations, customer databases, lead management processes, and GDPR/CCPA compliance procedures.
The ideal candidate has prior experience leading Marketing Operations teams and thrives in a fast-paced environment. You also have a strong background in project management and a proven track record leading and executing on cross functional teams. Your range of experience allows you to interact directly with technical stakeholders around system integrations as well as our legal team to ensure the safe and secure handling of PII data. You're a self-starter and a team player who enjoys rolling up your sleeves to get stuff done. You're also happy to teach others your skills and level up your fellow marketers.
What you’ll do:
- Be an integral part of the Demand Generation Team, providing operational support to the broader Marketing function.
- Develop and own our Marketing Ops strategy, detailing how our tech stack, data infrastructure, and internal processes can support and grow with our Marketing team.
- Own all vendor relationships within our MarTech stack and manage all integrations with our Marketing Automation system, Marketo.
- Oversee the integrity of our lead & customer databases and ensure all lead operations perform optimally.
- Fully own and manage any ops-related projects, which includes supporting new product launches, new vendor integrations, and GDPR compliance projects (e.g. email preference management, cookie consent management, etc.)
- Support any data needs to enable accurate and reliable reporting on all Marketing activities.
Who you’ll be working with:
- You’ll be on the Demand Generation team, reporting to our Director of Demand Generation and managing one Marketing Operations Specialist.
- You’ll regularly interact with and support the broader Marketing team.
- Your internal stakeholders include our partners from Product, RevOps, Sales Ops, Legal, and InfoSec.
What you need to have:
- 5+ years of professional experience managing a marketing operations team, preferably for a B2B SaaS company.
- Prior experience leading GDPR & CCPA compliance initiatives.
- A strong understanding of the typical Marketing campaign process, including everything needed to ensure a smooth process from lead capture, to MQL distribution, to opportunity creation, to revenue realization.
- 3+ years of experience using Marketo
- 3+ years of experience using Salesforce
- A strong understanding of how API integrations work
- A team-player mindset with the ability to coach others
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- Empathy for, and understanding of, developers (how they think, work, learn, communicate, and find jobs).
- Past experience measuring Marketing attribution throughout all stages of the sales funnel.
- If this job interests you but you aren’t certain if you meet all of the requirements, apply anyway - we value different perspectives and experience.
- We’ll only consider applications with a cover letter - please make sure to include yours and tell us what you’ll bring to the team.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening September 6, 2021, and won't require employees to return to the office for the rest of the year), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.#LIRemote #BI-Remote