About the Opportunity and Your Role
The Senior Marketing Leader, Target Team is critical to unlocking demand, building brand awareness, and strengthening our partnership for Harry’s with our Tier 1 retail partner, Target. Target is a key strategic partner for our future success at Harry’s, and we intend to supplement the current merchant relationships with breakthrough success and growth via a deep marketing partnership.
About the Role
This role represents a pioneering opportunity to lead new breakthrough integrated retail marketing capabilities for our brands, while providing leadership influence and impact with Target. This role should ultimately penetrate the marketing c-suite at Target, build annual marketing campaign strategies, and deliver a defined path within our JBP development. This role will need to lead the co-creation of our 360 marketing campaign which should integrate with our broader brand and commercial priorities. As we achieve breakthrough success with Target, this leadership role will help to transfer our learning and knowledge proactively within the broader Retail Marketing organization, and will serve as a key partner to the Head of Retail, Brand GM’s, and Co-CEO leading the Commercial organization. This role will report directly to the Director of Retail Marketing.
About the Team
The Retail team is a critical function that drives our overarching commercial strategy and plans directly with our retail partners. Retail is responsible for all business fundamentals and marketing development at each retail partner, cultivating relationships across all functions – merchandising, marketing, store operations, and supply chain. The Retail Team represents 60% of total company revenue contribution, and as we continue to expand into new brands and categories, the Retail Team will be a primary driver of future growth for the company.
Here's what you'll accomplish:
- Responsible for co-creating innovative marketing programs with Target including ideation, execution, & post-program reporting, with a focus on 360° integration and strong ROI. They connect all available touchpoints across the shopper journey at Target with key insights including shopper missions, motivations, and brand/product attributes to help influence behavior and stimulate demand.
- Builds & maintains key relationships with Target’s merchandising, marketing, & site merchandising teams for Harry’s Inc, with a focus on building clear communication routines to proactively understand business challenges, identify opportunities, and advocate for core priorities.
- Develops and builds retail marketing strategies that elevate Harry’s Joint Business Plan (JBP) and Long Range Plan (LRP) with Target merchants and leaders.
- Partners with internal partners across Harry’s Inc. including Brand, Design, Creative, Insights, and the Target retail team and agency partners, providing insights-based recommendations and building the overarching marketing strategy and budget at Target.
- A key stakeholder in the Harry’s Inc. annual planning and budgeting process. They help translate Harry’s Inc. priorities into customized marketing solutions for Target to drive trial and deepen brand loyalty. They partner with Brand, Finance, and Retail team leadership on P&L management and efficient/effective trade & OpEx spending.
This should describe you:
- Comprehensive brand marketing experience, to include business development and process management
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player that possesses a drive for results, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and easily adapts to changing priorities
- An innovative and creative leader who can build and develop comprehensive campaign strategies that unlock new value for Harry’s
- Build and leverage comprehensive shopper learning plans, leveraging proprietary retail data, Harry’s customer insights, and new shopper insights
- A proven track record of working with senior management, with the ability to bring new thought provoking ideas and plans for consideration and execution
- A model of collaborative behavior and a strong track record of partnering cross-functionally to deliver best in class marketing programs
- Strong interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills with experience presenting to internal and external leadership
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated
- Proactive, big picture thinker
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.