About the Opportunity and Your Role
The Senior Marketing Leader, Walmart Team is critical to unlocking demand, building brand awareness, and strengthening our partnership for Harry’s with our Tier 1 retail partner, Walmart. Walmart is a key strategic partner for our future success at Harry’s, and we intend to supplement the current merchant relationships with breakthrough success and growth via a deep marketing partnership.
Walmart just announced that their internal agency, WMG, has relaunched as Walmart Connect. With the transformation comes new vision and new priorities as the company strives to become a top ten advertising platform in the United States within five years. Walmart has published 3 goals for the media branch of the company:
- Increasing its opportunities for digital ad campaigns across all three of its digital platforms (Walmart.com, Pickup & Delivery, and the Walmart app).
- Creating new, innovative in-store marketing experiences through adding media activations on in-store TV walls and self-checkout screens.
- Broadening its offsite media opportunities, making it significantly easier for advertisers to drive DR advertising for Walmart products across the internet.
Leveraging data to understand customer behavior to inform attribution to sales, along with insights for VCI ROI will also be a centerpiece of the role. This role will have the opportunity to harness Walmart’s vast omni-channel presence, the power of its closed-loop system and knowledge of its customer base to bring brands measurably closer to their intended audience no matter how they shop. Walmart explains its closed-loop omnichannel media system in 6 steps:
- A shopper makes a purchase through any Walmart commerce stream.
- Their shopper data is matched to a U.S. household.
- Their shopper data is cataloged in Walmart’s first-party omnichannel dataset.
- Walmart uses this data to create audience segments for digital ad campaigns on Walmart digital platforms, as well as off-site.
- Advertisers serve targeted ads on Walmart media streams.
- Shopper transactions are mapped onto customers’ ad exposures on- and off-site and are reported in advertisers’ ad performance dashboards.
This role represents a pioneering opportunity to lead new breakthrough integrated retail marketing capabilities for our brands, while providing leadership influence and impact with Walmart. This role should ultimately penetrate the marketing c-suite at Walmart, build annual marketing campaign strategies, and deliver a defined path within our JBP development. This role will need to lead the co-creation of our 360 marketing campaign which should integrate with our broader brand and commercial priorities. As we achieve breakthrough success with Walmart, this leadership role will help to transfer our learning and knowledge proactively within the broader Retail Marketing organization, and will serve as a key partner to the Head of Retail, Brand GM’s, and Co-CEO leading the Commercial organization. This role will report directly to the Director of Retail Marketing.
About the Team
The Retail team is a critical function that drives our overarching commercial strategy and plans directly with our retail partners. Retail is responsible for all business fundamentals and marketing development at each retail partner, cultivating relationships across all functions – merchandising, marketing, store operations, and supply chain. The Retail Team represents 60% of total company revenue contribution, and as we continue to expand into new brands and categories, the Retail Team will be a primary driver of future growth for the company.
Here's what you'll accomplish:
- Responsible for co-creating innovative marketing programs with Walmart including ideation, execution, & post-program reporting, with a focus on 360° integration and strong ROI. They connect all available touchpoints across the shopper journey at Walmart with key insights including shopper missions, motivations, and brand/product attributes to help influence behavior and stimulate demand.
- Builds & maintains key relationships with Walmart’s merchandising, marketing, & ecommerce teams for Harry’s Inc, with a focus on building clear communication routines to proactively understand business challenges, identify opportunities, and advocate for core priorities.
- Partners with internal partners across Harry’s Inc. including Brand, Design, Creative, Insights, and the Walmart retail team and agency partners, providing insights-based recommendations and building the overarching marketing strategy and budget at Walmart.
- A key stakeholder in the Harry’s Inc. annual planning and budgeting process. They help translate Harry’s Inc. priorities into customized marketing solutions for Walmart to drive trial and deepen brand loyalty. They partner with Brand, Finance, and Retail team leadership on P&L management and efficient/effective trade & OpEx spending.
This should describe you:
- Comprehensive brand marketing experience, to include business development and process management
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player that possesses a drive for results, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and easily adapts to changing priorities
- An innovative and creative leader who can build and develop comprehensive campaign strategies that unlock new value for Harry’s
- Build and leverage comprehensive shopper learning plans, leveraging proprietary retail data, Harry’s customer insights, and new shopper insights
- A proven track record of working with senior management, with the ability to bring new thought provoking ideas and plans for consideration and execution
- A model of collaborative behavior and a strong track record of partnering cross-functionally to deliver best in class marketing programs
- Strong interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills with experience presenting to internal and external leadership
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated
- Proactive, big picture thinker
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.