Senior Marketing Manager
theSkimm is a membership-based organization dedicated to helping female millennials live their smartest lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information and tools they need to make empowered choices across news, civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of women across the country. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm marketing team is a group of fast-moving, data-driven and creative thinkers who nurture and grow theSkimm brand and community, while driving membership and engagement across all platforms. The Sr. Marketing Manager role is a unique opportunity to lead Go-To-Market for new product offerings from ideation to execution and evaluation.
The Sr. Marketing Manager will report to the Vice President, Growth Marketing. As we’ expand our product suite, we’re looking for a creative marketer who will be responsible for leading the development and execution of our marketing strategy for new products. The ideal candidate will be equal parts strategic and detail oriented, results oriented, creative, a self-starter, out of the box thinker, a great communicator and be willing to roll up his or her sleeves to get things done.
The Sr. Marketing Manager will serve as a leader, collaborator, and partner within the marketing team and cross-functionally. They will work in close partnership with teams across theSkimm including Marketing, Product, Design, Data, Content, Business Development, Design, Strategy and more. This role has relationship-management and operational responsibilities and will often manage multiple concurrent campaigns while moving at a fast pace.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Lead new product launches from ideation to execution across: strategy, timeline, goals, action items, budgets and KPIs
- Develop product value proposition and messaging aligned with positioning
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop creative campaign concepts
- Lead campaign execution across all channels and marketing-related components
- Serve as a marketing focal point for ideation, strategy and execution of integrated campaign across all campaign phases: pre-launch, launch and evergreen
- Mobilize the company around marketing needs to ensure the path to success
- Partner with product and tech to ensure cross-functional alignment, inform product related decisions from a user and marketing perspective and scope desired features for marketing purposes
- Own customer onboarding journey: connecting the dots between our value proposition, campaigns, onboarding and life cycle experience
- Create integrated campaigns strategy serving both brand and business goals
- Set campaign goals and KPIs based on audience segmentation
- Produce recommendation for budget allocation based on channel and campaign phase, and oversee actual budget spent vs. plan
- After launch: hands-on approach to adjust and evolve campaign messaging, creative, channel, etc. based on real time learnings
- Own campaign reporting: collaborate with data analytics team and ensure tracking and channel attribution
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 6+ years of full-time experience in marketing roles, ideally launching new products in fast-paced environments
- Accountability towards P&L
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills to mobilize a team
- A finger on the pulse of the industry, the competitive landscape, emerging trends, and marquee events and brands
- Strong project management skills with experience executing marketing campaigns
- Exceptional organizational, budgetary and time management skills
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally, specifically with product and design teams
- Passion for theSkimm's brand and products
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- One Medical Membership
- Subsidized family planning and fertility benefits through Carrot Fertility
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals and drinks during our weekly "Sip’n Skimm" all-hands meeting and monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY