Senior PR Manager
Greater NYC Area
Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy.
Every year in the U.S. $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty. Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life’s biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Perch is headquartered in New York City and has 90+ employees in New York and Texas. We have raised $250 million in financing from top tier investors including: FirstMark, Accomplice and Juxtapose.
The Senior PR Manager reports to our Head of Growth and is responsible for building awareness of the Perch brand and service offering among consumers and the residential real estate industry. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in building a brand that is changing one of the largest consumer industries.
In this role you will:
- Drive awareness of Perch among home buyers and sellers through local press coverage
- Directly manage and secure press coverage across digital, print, and TV. You will focus on publications at a local PR level as well as national, since our services are offered in specific cities
- Create and maintain media lists for pitching on an ongoing basis
- Build relationships with key press contacts
- Write press releases and blog posts for key stories we want to tell
- Play a key role in our go-to-market strategy when launching new markets and new services/features, with the ultimate goal of driving customer growth
- Build Perch’s brand within the industry through press coverage in national news and real estate specific publications
- Build Perch’s brand as a top employer in the cities we operate in via various best places to work press opportunities
- Report on impact of your work through means including, but not limited to, site traffic lift and our Where Did You Hear About Us survey
- Track industry news and share on a daily/weekly basis
The Right Candidate
- Has a track record of personally securing impact-driving press coverage
- Possesses superior written and verbal communication skills
- Can craft a creative and compelling story for press
- Detail-oriented and ensures that what we communicate accurately reflects the who/what/why
- Likes to move quickly and has a strong drive for results
- 5+ years in consumer PR roles (consumer tech a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Growth stage startup experience a plus
Read Full Job Description