Senior Product Marketing Manager, Places at Foursquare
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
Foursquare is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to own product marketing strategy for Places, while collaborating with the PMM team across our Enterprise and Developer business. . In this role, you will translate the strategy and value proposition of the Places products into key messages and content that are used to enable our sales teams as well as our digital marketing strategies to drive lead gen and client engagement activities. You will market to Engineers, Product Managers, App Developers, and Data Scientists by understanding their needs and how our solutions fulfill their goals.
Success in this role requires that you will work with stakeholders across Product, Client Strategy, Sales, and Marketing by helping our growing sales team land and/or expand our presence across target industries including retail, QSR, finance, mobility, and software (B2C and B2B) and personas within the developer and data scientist roles.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Messaging & positioning: develop product positioning and messaging that articulates the unique value of our Enterprise products
- Market intelligence: be the expert on all things Places,, including how our competitors position and sell their products, working with our competitive intel tool to create battlecards
- Product launches: work with cross-functional teams to design and execute product launches, feature updates, and partnership integrations to enterprise clients
- Lifecycle marketing: write, product and send internal and external communications to share product updates and promote marketing programs such as webinars, lead nurturing and thought leadership.
- Sales support: create tools and collateral that support the selling process, from presentations and case studies, to web content and ebooks
- Strategic planning: partner with sales, product, sales operations, and marketing to develop and deploy annual and quarterly plans, signed to company's OKRs and strategic goals
- 5+ years of experience in B2B marketing, within the technology and data sector (preferably with experience speaking to a developer audience)
- Deep knowledge of the enterprise data landscape and/or API selling strategy
- Strong quantitative skills: you understand how developers and data analysts think, and can craft messages/materials that resonate with highly quantitative clients
- Technical proficiency: experience with crafting external materials that explain how an API and SDK work
- Copywriting: you are equally comfortable drafting long-form product marketing material, (e.g. case studies and white papers), and bullet point content for one-pagers and websites. You get excited by editing copy to make it more clear and concise.
- [Preferred] Digital marketing: you are comfortable crafting email marketing programs and know how to launch multichannel organic and paid media initiatives
- Client skills: You know how to evangelize our products to clients while gathering feedback on the effectiveness of our key messages/content
- Bachelor’s degree
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.