Senior Product Marketing Manager, Team Lead at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for an experienced product marketer to lead the team responsible for our core consumer products (CMS, Commerce, and Marketing Tools). Millions of people look to Squarespace to bring their creative ideas to life; your job will be to act as their voice as we build the next generation of products to help them flourish. You’ll own the messaging and positioning of some of our most beloved products, plus oversee the go-to-market responsibilities as new products and features are developed.
The ideal candidate has an analytical mindset with an appetite to represent insights from the market and customer to the product team. The website builder industry is a complex and rapidly evolving one, and you’ll see maintaining Squarespace’s position at the front of it as exactly the right challenge.
Key to this role is experience building and managing a team of product marketers, something you’ve had experience doing before. You will report to the Head of Product Marketing in our NYC headquarters.
- Bring together a united vision of Squarespace’s core consumer products and tell the world their story
- Direct oversight of product marketing for the Squarespace CMS
- Lead and grow a team of product marketing professionals, advocating for resourcing and managing individual team member development
- Lead the development of product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market, and define go-to-market strategies for new product features
- Lead the transition of maturing products that have been incubated by Squarespace’s New Ventures PMM team
- Report holistic marketing activity in support of consumer products to senior leadership
- Partner with Creative and Marketing to ensure proper product representation in campaigns
- Partner with Communications to evangelize our products with the press, at events and through other channels to continue building awareness around Squarespace’s product offering
- Draw on qualitative and quantitative insights to understand product adoption, usage, and retention across customer segments
- Advise on competitive analyses and customer research efforts to understand key customer segments and define opportunities
- Partner with the Product team to help prioritize product development based on customer and market research
- Set targets for contribution, adoption, and growth with marketing and product stakeholders
- 8+ years of product marketing experience including experience leading a product marketing team, preferably in a SaaS or consumer tech company
- Experience launching and scaling multiple successful products
- Balance of strategic and executional capabilities; ability to create a plan, drive outcomes, and measure results
- Experience collaborating with and influencing cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to translate the complex into simple, clear and intuitive communication
- Strong analytical skills to apply data in meaningful ways
- Creative and strategic thinker willing to take calculated risks
- Customer focus, with a deep understanding of the value Squarespace provides for users
- A desire to create clarity and build processes that scale
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.