Senior Product Marketing Manager at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You love using products as a vehicle for representing the voice of customers. You drive initiatives that bring convenience and innovation both internally and externally. You are confident in your ability to deliver marketing plans and are eager to help ensure the long-term success of a business.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for leading go-to-market strategy, research initiatives and product positioning and messaging for one or more of Justworks’ functional product areas. You will work closely with the Product Management, Product Design, Operations, Sales, and Marketing teams to strategically market and influence the future direction of Justworks’ products. You will have a specific focus on Product/Engineering and Marketing and will be contributing to ongoing growth initiatives designed to ensure the long-term success of the business.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Lead and execute go-to-market strategies to drive product adoption, growth, and retention
- Lead and execute multi-channel product and partner launches from conception through to post-launch measurement and reporting
- Represent the voice of the customer within Justworks by conducting ongoing customer research, market research, and competitive analysis to inform new product and growth initiatives
- Develop and maintain a messaging platform for your product area that’s strategically aligned to target customer segments and Justworks’ overall brand and company positioning
- Strategically position new products, partners, or feature enhancements by persona, geographic region, or industry vertical
- Design and execute creative, data-driven activities to sustain awareness and drive adoption of key features, benefits, or partners post-launch.
- Distill and surface market research and customer insights to strategically influence the product roadmap to better serve customer needs
- Identify, research and evaluate opportunities to add or adapt the partners, providers, or benefits offered through Justworks
- Develop and refine core user/buyer personas and customer segmentation
- Develop value-based messaging and positioning for new features or benefits, ensuring that messaging is consistent across channels and customer-facing teams
- Determine and measure product KPIs that align with Justworks’ broader business objectives
- Perform other related duties as assigned
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset- anticipates future trends and implications accurately; articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in product marketing, product management, or product strategy for tech/software products
- Experienced working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Experience creating and driving research plans that align to the need and scope of a project, comfortable leveraging mixed-methods (qualitative and quantitative) research to inform work
- Strong analytical ability paired with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and apply market, competitive, and customer research to inform GTM and product strategy
- Experience crafting high-impact marketing plans with clearly defined value propositions and product messaging
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional projects, juggling competing priorities, stakeholders, and tasks as needed
- Possess strong leadership and management skills
- Proficient with SQL (Tableau is a plus)
- Knowledge of the benefits/healthcare and/or HR/payments space is a huge plus
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment