Senior Product Marketing Manager at Handshake (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Product Marketing Manager to lead the messaging, positioning, and marketing plan for key enterprise products and features. This role will focus on the portfolio of employer products that connect employers and job seekers via segmented campaigns, messaging, and growth areas. You will partner with the Product Management teams for these products to define the experience, naming, messaging, positioning, marketing strategy and metrics that best evaluate our market-fit and overall effectiveness. You will be responsible for engaging other marketing teams and partners to help implement these go-to-market plans.
Product Marketing at Handshake is responsible for product messaging and positioning, customer segmentation, competitive positioning, driving research to inform product improvements and roadmap direction, and working with other teams in sales and marketing to plan awareness, acquisition, and retention initiatives to meet product and sales goals.
As a Sr. PMM, you’ll work with a cross-functional team to define, position, message and meet product goals. You will deliver a regular drumbeat of research, messaging, insights and claims to support the effective promotion and positioning of products. You will also help guide the product strategy by critically thinking through the customer experience, value proposition and messaging. You will work very closely with Product and other cross-functional teams, as well as internal marketing teams to deliver a quality customer journey and impactful results.
We’re a high energy team with a passion for creating, collaborating, and storytelling. We are looking for an up and coming product marketing leader who effortlessly blends strategy with execution, thrives in fast-paced environments, and finds a learning opportunity in every situation. We are eager to find someone who loves writing, editing, and wordsmithing. We need someone who is also passionate about performance analytics that demonstrate clear ROI for our wonderful customers.
This role reports to the Director, Employer Product Marketing, and will work closely with Product Management, as well as Sales, Customer Success and Enablement teams.Your Role
- Full-stack product marketing; roadmap input and output (holistic GTM plan).
- Storyteller that can articulate a unique point of view and create short form and long form messaging as well as create compelling visual assets
- Be the voice of the customer back to product management and marketing - bringing in insights from direct client interactions, conferences, events, as well as deep customer and competitive research and analysis.
- Work closely with Product Management and Employer Marketing to optimize the customer experience - continuously test, refine and optimize the client experience and drive back recommendations to Product Management and Marketing.
- Be the products’ subject matter expert so that other marketing teams can ideate and create blogs, landing pages, webinars, events, and other demand generation vehicles that effectively promote the products and the value they create.
- Support employer marketing programs with rich product information (messaging, product features and capabilities) designed to increase market and revenue share
- Collaborate with other product marketers, designers, data scientists and industry experts to produce relevant insights and claims that help support effective solution selling to employer audiences across strategic accounts, enterprise accounts, and mid-market accounts.
- Work with Product teams to better inform product and pricing/packaging plans.
- Inspire and support a small but growing team of product marketing managers.
- Advocate for resources and serve as an evangelist for the customer within and outside of Handshake.
- 6+ years professional experience with a proven track record in product marketing and developing highly effective product positioning, messaging, and marketing online content (holistic GTM planning and execution).
- B2B enterprise product marketing experience preferred.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across the organization, including Product, Engineering, Customer Success, and Sales.
- Proven ability to tell compelling stories for target audiences. Inform and create long-form and short-form assets for enablement and end users.
- Experience creating effective assets and thinking outside the box with video and interactive asset formats and demos.
- Polished and compelling writing style (revel in the power of words and language)
- Data-driven and goal-oriented.
- Strong analytical skills. You’re comfortable with dashboards and spreadsheets to find insight.
- Ability to break down ambiguous/complex problems, create discrete workstreams, and deliver a cohesive recommendation.
- Extremely strong written (storytelling) and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver simple and actionable analysis.
- Proven experience developing influential customer-facing messaging and content that drives action.
- Self-motivated, organized, and a strategic thinker.
- Optimistic, low-ego, can-do attitude. Eager to do great work and have fun doing it.
- Background in experience design, user research and testing is a plus.
- Background in HR Tech is a plus.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience.
$122,000 - $200,000
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.About Us:
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 650,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. Earlier this year, we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and new valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, and London and teammates working globally. So, whether you live on the coasts, the midwest, or overseas, chances are we have a hub near you offering the best of both worlds.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!What We Offer:
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Summer and Winter #ShakeBreak, two one-week periods of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
Benefits above apply to employees in full-time positions.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.