Senior Product Marketing Manager
Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
Marketing at Policygenius...
The Policygenius marketing team isn’t afraid of tackling a daunting challenge: changing consumers’ minds about a distrusted, disliked industry. We’ve flipped insurance marketing on its head, believing that there’s more to this than just cookie-cutter policy selling. Instead, we educate and empower shoppers to pick what’s right for them. As the foundation of that relationship, we prioritize transparency and trust above all else. The Pg marketing team buckles in for a ride every day, because Fintech isn’t easy. Our customer journeys are nuanced and our product mix is complex, but it’s an even match—this team is composed of disciplined problem solvers who always fight for what’s best for the customer.
About the role...
You’re the person who’s always good at a little of everything. You’re ruthlessly analytical and data-driven, but you get bored if you don’t also get to be creative and generate blue-sky ideas. You’ve probably spent a fair amount of time trying to find a role that gives you the runway to flex all of those muscles. Well, allow us to introduce you to Product Marketing at Policygenius.
As the Senior Product Marketing Manager, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that our customers stay at the heart of everything we do. Your deep understanding of product positioning and consumer behavior will ensure we’re consistently exceeding expectations and differentiating our offering in the marketplace. Reporting into the Director of Product Marketing & CRM and working extremely cross-functionally, you’ll help drive action in every part of the business based on your insights and intuition.
- Be the voice of the consumer. You’ll build a deep knowledge of their needs, questions and concerns, and then translate those insights into action across the company
- Split time equally across Product and Marketing. In the morning, you might help a Product Manager with A/B test prioritization. In the afternoon, you might launch a new landing page with the Marketing team
- Conduct consumer research to stay close to our customers and to identify improvement opportunities across the entire company
- Craft strategic messaging that speaks to consumers emotionally and rationally based on changing contexts and lifecycle phases
- Define and refine how we position and message our products, enabling our Marketing, Product and Operations teams to communicate with consumers effectively
- Champion adoption of new products by leading go-to-market strategies and driving adoption
- Understand our broad competitive landscape to better differentiate our products in the marketplace
- 3-5 years of digital marketing experience, ideally at a startup, with strong examples of quantifiable business impact
- An understanding of consumer behavior and psychology, enabling you to bridge the gap between consumer needs and Policygenius products
- Analytical chops and a creative mind, with the skill to seamlessly switch between the two or blend them together as needed
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to develop messaging strategies drawn from consumer insights
- A proven track record of meeting deadlines and communicating with stakeholders across multiple teams
- Ambition, curiosity, and a desire to hit the ground running
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO [for relevant roles]
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)