Senior Product Marketing Manager
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times.
Teachers Pay Teachers is looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager (PMM) to join our product marketing team. This is an important role as you will be responsible for bringing products to market that empower educators all over the world.
In this role, you’ll need to have strong business acumen, understand the customer and market opportunity, and communicate complex messages with simplicity. You’ll work with product management, design, engineering, marketing, customer experience, and other cross-functional teams. Whether you're defining the go-to-market strategy, planning and executing feature releases, or improving the way we bring products to market at TpT, your contribution will be impactful.
- Lead multiple product launches or a single large-scale launch, such as a new business
- Lead cross-functional teams in gathering customer insights and informing product roadmap, positioning or business case development
- Shape and deliver branding, positioning, messaging and creative execution, across the customer journey - in partnership with Design and Marketing teams
- Identify research needs and conduct market and user research, in partnership with the research team, to uncover key customer insights that drive positioning for our existing products as well as ideas for new/improved features.
- Synthesize market intelligence & customer insights into clear narratives that inform the business and offer new ideas or ways of thinking – be the expert on our customers, who they are and what segments we serve; be the expert on the competition and the broader digital and education marketplace.
- Lead cross-functional, multi-level teams in launch strategy and execution - create marketing plans and go-to-market strategies for products and features:
- Lead strategy for product rollout and communications and manage the marketing implementation that drives product engagement.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the organization’s ability to meet its goals.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- Strong product marketing experience, defining and driving new products, features, benefits, and ideas toward market launch rollout.
- Demonstrated understanding of messaging strategy, user experience and persuasive marketing techniques in driving engagement with new or existing features or benefits.
- A solid understanding of the full customer lifecycle and customer segmentation
- Experience with gathering and utilizing customer insights
- A demonstrated record of partnering with teams across the organization and influencing to achieve business results across multiple teams who may have different goals
- History of making or informing data-driven decisions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- An inquisitive mind
- Self-motivated, nimble and highly results-driven in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- 6+ years of experience in related positions
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.