Senior Product Marketing Manager at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about creating products that millions of developers will love.
We are looking for a motivated, creative, and results-oriented self-starter to join our Product Marketing team. This is a strategic team within DigitalOcean and its focus is to launch new products in the market and accelerate their usage and revenue.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will have the opportunity to define how we communicate the value of our products to hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide. You will own the positioning and messaging for products, develop compelling content to help users understand the value, and drive marketing programs to spread the message globally. This role has a lot of visibility and requires close collaboration with numerous cross functional teams like product management, sales, revenue marketing, brand, developer relations, marketing programs.What you’ll be doing.
- Lead a worldwide GTM (go to market) strategy
- Develop messaging and positioning that’s simple, differentiated and easily conveys the value of the product to customers
- Create compelling content for various mediums like product pages, blogs, emails, social media, press releases.
- Utilize innovative tactics to increase the adoption of products in the user base post launch
- Serve as the champion for products within the marketing organization
- Work with stakeholders to position DigitalOcean as business ready. This will include the creation of content like case studies, ebooks, thought leadership articles
- Lead sales enablement with activities like product training, competitive analysis, battle cards etc.
- Experience working as a product marketing manager or product manager
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, such as computer science, engineering or mathematics. MBA is a plus.
- Experience in cloud computing, developer tools or services and experience with marketing to developers.
- Proven experience with launching and growing strategic products
- Extraordinary communication skills with track record of navigating complex unstructured cross-functional environments
- Transition seamlessly between strategic level planning and detail-oriented execution
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!