Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about marketing products that millions of developers will love.
We are looking for a motivated, creative, and results-oriented self-starter to join our Product Marketing team. This is a strategic team within DigitalOcean that owns the messaging and positioning for the entire company, drives the Go-To-Market strategy for all products and also works on accelerating the product usage and revenue.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will have the opportunity to define how we communicate the value of DigitalOcean platform and our various products to startups and small and medium businesses (SMBs) worldwide. You will have a deep understanding of DigitalOcean’s target customer base and will own the positioning and messaging for the DigitalOcean platform. This role will develop compelling content to help customers understand the value, and drive marketing programs to spread the message globally. You will have a lot of visibility and opportunities for close collaboration with numerous cross functional teams like product management, sales, revenue marketing, brand, developer relations, marketing programs.What you’ll be doing:
- Determine the types of business customers and use cases that are best served by DigitalOcean products
- Use your learnings to update the messaging for both - DigitalOcean platform, as well as the individual products
- Continuously test and refine the messaging via web experiments, emails campaigns, customer conversations etc.
- Craft an overall cloud platform narrative that includes best fit business customers and how DigitalOcean uniquely helps them
- Create compelling content for various mediums like product pages, blogs, emails, social media, press releases.
- Be the go to person for all things related to the overall product and platform narrative - whether it is events, keynotes, customer/partner engagements etc.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, such as computer science, engineering or mathematics. MBA is a plus.
- Experience in technical product marketing or product marketing as a product marketing manager or product manager
- Understanding of the cloud (IaaS and PaaS) landscape and ability to position products uniquely for business use cases
- Research oriented and analytical mindset that uses data to inform both internal stakeholders (all the way to Executives) as well as marketing tactics
- Extraordinary communication skills with track record of navigating complex unstructured cross-functional environments
- Excellent storytelling and writing skills
- Experience marketing to startups and SMBs
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!