Senior Public Relations Manager
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
We are currently seeking a strategically sophisticated, creative, and media-savvy Senior Public Relations Manager to join our Marketing Team in New York City. The Senior Public Relations Manager — reporting to the Director of Communications — will play a critical role in crafting and executing impactful U.S. and global communications and public relations strategies that increase brand awareness and help Yext grow.
The successful candidate will be an experienced public relations strategist with strong press contacts, as well as an exceptional written and verbal communicator and strategic thinker who is up for a challenge.
- Build lasting relationships with and pitch stories to reporters, producers, and editors
- Actively seek out news stories relevant to Yext’s expertise and find story angles through which Yext can provide meaningful insight
- Support communications strategy and execution, with responsibilities spanning public relations, thought leadership writing, research, and direct media relations activities
- Draft and edit documents such as press releases, op-eds, and blog posts
- Coordinate with and support international PR teams
- Continually look for ways to optimize Yext’s communications strategy to improve performance and results
- Develop strategic communications plans and make recommendations to senior executives
- Cover Letter required to be considered for this role
- 4-6 years of experience, with strong technology experience and media contacts
- BA/BS or similar college level education
- Experience owning a PR strategy from concept to execution (in-house PR strategy, PR firm account leadership, or similar)
- Experience working with journalists, with a proven track record of securing interview opportunities and placing stories
- Extraordinary writing ability, with demonstrated creativity and attention to detail
- Genuine interest in current events and the news, with a natural antenna for what’s newsworthy and what isn’t
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, resourceful, dedicated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills
- Passion for building an iconic global technology company
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.