Senior Retention Marketing Associate
Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role...
Are you a technical-minded marketer with a knack for solving problems and analyzing data? Do you thrive on translating a brand’s value into email marketing for large audiences? Can you convert strategies into actionable, efficient project plans? If this sounds like you, come join the Policygenius marketing team as our Senior Retention Marketing Associate!
We’re looking for a right and left brained whiz who is ruthlessly analytical in pursuit of improving conversion, with the creativity and communication skills to evolve our dialogue with customers across a variety of channels including email, SMS, direct mail and more. You’ll craft strategic messaging that speaks to customers emotionally and rationally based on changing contexts and lifecycle phases. You’ll be the magic behind the scenes (AKA behind those witty, can’t-wait-to-open emails)!
- Develop and optimize marketing automation projects, including emails, SMS, direct mail, retargeting ads and more
- Maintain and execute Policygenius’ email marketing calendar, including concepting campaigns, building emails, segmenting audience lists, deploying campaigns and reporting results
- Concept, code (HTML/CSS) and test email templates for campaigns using Litmus
- Design, execute and analyze A/B test plans to improve email performance and conversion rates
- Measure and report on CRM performance and manage ongoing reporting for campaigns and automations
- Collaborate with creative teams to develop new assets for each stage of the customer journey
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to support new initiatives in customer communication
- 3+ years experience in creating email campaigns and/or automations and organizing customer segments in an email/CRM platform
- 1+ years HTML/CSS experience, particularly in coding emails and landing pages
- A strong understanding of email marketing best practices including design, deliverability and CAN-SPAM
- Experience in a variety of marketing and data tech tools: email/CRM (Iterable, Braze, MailChimp, etc.), email design (Litmus), analytics (Google Analytics, Excel, SQL, Tableau, etc.) and landing pages (Unbounce)
- An extreme attention to detail
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve across teams and tools
- A proven track record of meeting deadlines and communicating with stakeholders across teams
- Ambition, a curious mind and a desire to hit the ground running
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)