The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Trade Desk’s Commercial Activation Team is the sales strategy and enablement arm of the global Commercial Team. Our Strategists are internal consultants working to help identify and scale opportunities to drive revenue, developing expertise in building solutions for brands around our proprietary technology. The Commercial Activation team partners with Business Development/Sales and Client Services at The Trade Desk to provide high-quality narratives for the products and services we offer our clients. This team responds to, and develops RFPs and RFIs for business across the globe. Collaborating cross-functionally with Product, Marketing, Business Intelligence, Legal and other teams to ensure alignment with sales collateral and The Trade Desk’s client-facing materials. These cover capabilities, product features, roadmaps, advertising solutions and positioning within the broader Ad Tech ecosystem.
What you'll do
As a Senior Sales Marketing Specialist (Programmatic), you will:
- Learn the business inside and out. You Become very familiar with The Trade Desk’s platform, product offering, resources, competitive advantages and, more generally, programmatic strategies.
- Think Strategically. Analyze business proposals and requests to help identify and create top quality and accurate responses.
- Be a Storyteller. Leverage The Trade Desk’s industry-leading position and technology to clearly and succinctly articulate how we can help contribute to client success, tailoring for individual brands.
- Following a brief submitted by The Commercial Team, you will lead the RFP/RFI process of pulling together the team and needs in response. This includes completion of RFI documents, plus creation of external-facing materials such as media plans and pitch decks.
- Work with internal teams to organize and develop the sales teams’ knowledge about key company initiatives and products, plus seasonal and vertical insights.
- Partner with sales to understand the prospecting strategy, and to research brands and marketplace trends that will focus on opportunities, competition, and positioning.
- At the core, you will have a passion for synthesizing complex solutions into simplified sales narratives with an eye towards revenue generation.
WHO YOU ARE
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the Ad Tech ecosystem and the programmatic industry.
- With 3-5 years of level relevant experience in sales development, media planning, digital strategy, sales/corporate strategy or consulting; ideally within Ad Tech, a media agency, the television or streaming industry or media consulting.
- Experienced working across several channels, preferably including CTV and DOOH. Familiarity in activating and managing campaigns desirable.
- A customer-focused, strategic and analytical thinker who can execute tactically to formulate a cohesive narrative utilizing a data-driven approach. Experienced in research undertaken using both internal and external tools which can then be used to develop insights for clients.
- An independent worker, self-motivated and determined also able to work well with ambiguity and use initiative to get the job done.
- An excellent communicator, with the proven ability to articulate thoughts and ideas to internal and external stakeholders through superior written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player who participates and leads discussions; share best practices and knowledge with other Commercial Activation Team members globally.
- A quick learner who’s able to grasp new technology and product changes and able to turn a concept or idea into substantive sales materials.
- Meticulous attention to detail and able to produce high-quality work that represents The Trade Desk in-market.
- Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Salesforce (RFP/I management software desirable).
- Four year college degree level education.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.