Senior SEO & Conversion Manager at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about driving growth through digital marketing
As the Sr SEO & Conversion Manager, you will join a growing Marketing team that is focused on driving revenue growth through top of funnel marketing channels, paid media sources, and middle of funnel website optimizations. The team is highly analytical and data driven, with a wide breadth of digital advertising experience. You will lead the SEO and conversion focused tactics, making strategic decisions that drive traffic and conversions on the website, leading to ROI-positive revenue growth.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Own the SEO strategy for the various sections of the DigitalOcean website.
- Work cross-functionally with the Website team to optimize the website architecture and technical specifications towards improving core web vitals.
- Maintain a close, collaborative relationship with the Content and Community team to align the company content strategy with an SEO strategy.
- Identify new organic ranking opportunities to scale website traffic growth.
- Build out a customer conversion strategy to drive further revenue growth from organic traffic sources.
- Lead the multi-team website testing initiative to identify revenue growth opportunities.
- Understand and map the organic customer journey and develop a testing strategy to improve upon that journey.
- Continuously run conversion focused A|B tests on the website and landing pages, as well as communicating those learnings to broader marketing teams.
- Stay up to date with Google algorithm changes and ensure DigitalOcean is well positioned to benefit from any algorithm updates.
- Utilize various data inputs to make organic and website optimization decisions that align with overall company goals.
- Report on all initiatives to wider marketing and leadership group
- Strategize with marketing leadership to find additional areas of revenue growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related fields of Marketing or Advertising
- Experience in SEO and digital marketing roles
- Proven track record of driving SEO traffic growth
- Conversion focused mindset and experience in website testing methodology
- Ability to generate reports on key performance metrics and clearly communicate the results
- Proactive communication skills and track record of setting and executing on monthly, quarterly, and annual goals
- Deep understanding of SAAS based business models, including concepts around monthly recurring revenue and pay-back periods
- Demonstrable critical thinking and analytical skills, including the ability and confidence to make strategic decisions based on data
- Bonus: Prior experience with tech startup and B2D (business to developer) marketing
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!