Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Technical Content Creator to be responsible for producing and editing the highest-quality, engaging, shareable content that represents Cockroach Labs and CockroachDB. You will create technical white papers, blog posts (for Cockroach Labs and third-party blogs), and more across multiple digital channels to attract, engage, and convert visitors, combining your unmatched storytelling skills with a passion for technology to generate attention for CockroachDB.
This role will blend your technical knowledge with your journalistic and creative skills. You will create content to engage users, prospects, and key influencers in the infrastructure industry. The ideal candidate is a prolific and talented technical content creator with a portfolio that showcases strong writing and content creation skills, a record of hitting deadlines, and a mind for how to create a digital conversation that will engage target audiences.
- Drive interest by creating technical content, including white papers, presentations, blog posts.
- Provide thorough reviews to ensure content is error-free and aligned with brand guidelines.
- Collaborate across functions and silos to meet content marketing business objectives.
- Distribute content through appropriate channels to achieve goals.
- Optimize content to improve search engine ranking, visitation, and conversion rates.
- Assist with PR initiatives and product launches.
- Manage and develop editorial calendars and workflows.
- Provide accurate and timely project reporting on content marketing activities.
- 5+ years of experience in content development, journalism, or other writing/editing.
- Experience or formal training in software development or technical writing
- Excitement about Cockroach Labs’ mission and an interest in database technology.
- Ability to work cooperatively with, and gain the respect of, software developers.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to evaluate the structure of a piece and revise it to improve structure, flow, and clarity.
- Passion for writing and storytelling with a strong portfolio of writing samples — both long and short form.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects, prioritize effectively, and meet deadlines.
- Up-to-date knowledge of SEO, SEM, and analytics best practices.
- BS degree or equivalent experience.
In your first 30 days, you will immerse yourself in our market and product, so you can gain proficiency in your communications. You will go through our current sales onboarding program, as well as Cockroach University. We believe that it's important for you to take this first month to observe enablement and training programs currently in place to become familiar with our company, technology, and message.
During this time, you will build relationships with various teams at Cockroach Labs, including with engineers, tech leads, and product managers. You will work closely with engineering , product, and marketing to further grasp our current product, sales approach, and customers. As you gain confidence in the message and technology, you will be called upon to begin developing content pieces.
After 3 months, you will be fully integrated into the team. While you will continue to deepen your understanding of CockroachDB, you will be engaged in multiple writing project, and setting and implementing priorities in coordination with the Content Director and the rest of the marketing team.
Reporting to Jessica Edwards, Director of Content Marketing
Jessica has been marketing for technical products and companies for the greater part of a decade, and worked with non-profits for years before moving into the tech space. She has a deep love of storytelling, education, knowledge-sharing, and community building. After 13 years in NYC, she recently moved to Portland, OR, and is still getting used to the rain.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected]