SEO Content Strategist at Vimeo
Vimeo is in search of an SEO content strategist to improve organic discovery of Vimeo as a video technology solution! We’re looking for content marketers with a growth approach; growth aficionados with an editorial eye; hybrid marketing artist-scientists with a strong background in SEO and content marketing, preferably for SaaS companies.
We’re rapidly growing Vimeo’s SEO team, and are going to be experimenting — a lot! In this role, you will be a subject matter expert and own one of our main search topic areas. You’ll work with technical SEO specialists, developers, and product marketing to boost search rankings, provide a better user experience for Vimeo’s audiences, and increase organic traffic for target topics and keywords.Who you are:
- You possess a robust understanding of SEO strategy and Google ranking factors.
- You are a gifted writer. You can rattle off 20 catchy headlines at the drop of a hat, you don’t believe in jargon, and have well-worn copy of Strunk & White on your desk.
- You understand what good writing looks like and have outstanding editing and proofreading skills.
- You have a curious mind and the ability to find what’s captivating about topics that might otherwise seem boring or complex.
- You’re driven by results and prioritize impact over perfection.
- You’re familiar with buyer personas and funnel stages, and you understand the role that content plays within a larger marketing strategy: help generate demand, capture new search traffic, and establish Vimeo as an inspiring leader in the space.
- You have a strong eye for detail in order to catch typos, grammatical lapses and the different nuances of requested topics.
- Work with offsite agency and in-house partners to identify the right keywords and develop and implement a content strategy to capture them.
- Track competitive landscape and conduct content audits to identify search trends and opportunities, with the help and guidance of our SEO specialists.
- Work with Vimeo subject matter authorities to bring new and original information and perspectives that help audiences be more successful and effective with video.
- Help make content successful by working with other teams to promote content, optimize conversion paths, and build links.
- Work with offsite freelance writers to implement content plans, delivering detailed briefs, copy-editing drafts, and providing feedback in a timely manner.
- Manage SEO content projects effectively and accurately, working with writers, designers, developers, and other partners, both in-house and offsite.
- Support special projects from an SEO perspective, including product releases and demand gen campaigns as needed.
- Be responsible for a content calendar for your topic area, producing articles and landing pages that educate and compel readers to take the next step.
- Experience with Google Analytics, WordPress, and SEMRush
- Solid understanding and work experience in content writing, content marketing, and SEO keyword research
- Proven experience with editorial SEO and crafting content that ranks and converts, both written and video
- Experience editing freelance writers and writing detailed content briefs
- Analytical skills to dig into website data and track content performance
- Proven experience conducting interviews with subject matter authorities and incorporating their insights into easily digestible advice
- Knack for digging out primary sources and a comfort turning stats into truly original content
- Able to work independently
- Proactive, flexible, and hardworking teammate
- Experience with B2B tech/SaaS
- Solid understanding of technical SEO (and maybe even the skills to implement some front-end changes)
- Experience writing about video technology and use cases
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs