SEO Managing Editor
Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role...
We’re helping people get the protection they need and feel good about it. But what if you have no clue what you need? Can’t tell a deductible from a drainpipe? Never fear! The Policygenius content team is here. Editorial at Policygenius serves to build consumer awareness and provide decision support with the ultimate goal of helping readers become customers. This is a potentially long journey from discovery to education to action.
The SEO Managing Editor will help edit and grow a library of best-in-class educational content across multiple financial verticals, leading a team of internal staff writers and outside contributors. This role will report to the Senior Content Strategy Manager.
- Collaborate with our Senior Content Strategy Manager and SEO Product Manager on keyword strategy for our expanding Learn Centers
- Help set the SEO editorial calendar, oversee day-to-day content production and manage writer deadlines to meet key objectives
- Refresh and optimize our library of content in line with our SEO plan to grow organic search traffic to existing pages
- Increase conversion rates to our shopping product and partner companies
- Write and edit the best explainer content on the internet about all areas of personal finance, from mortgages to savings accounts
- 3+ years experience assigning, writing and editing stories
- Proven record of managing staff for a digital publication, adhering to an editorial calendar and content schedule
- A passion for making financial protection information accessible, easy to digest and even (gasp!) fun to read
- Knowledge of insurance and personal finance fundamentals — you’d be comfortable giving advice to your friends and family
- Experience tracking traffic and keyword growth and reporting progress to your team
- Familiarity with SEO best practices as they pertain to content
- Analytical and editorial sensibilities — you nerd out on your research but make your writing simple and clear
- Comfort collaborating with stakeholders from different departments
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO [for relevant roles]
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)