Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
We’re looking for an SEO Strategist who will be responsible for developing search engine optimization strategies, who will be directly responsible for the ultimate business metrics around SEO (organic traffic, rank). This person will lead marketing efforts around SEO, and will collaborate with the product development team to implement technical tactics.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Develop our company’s strategic direction for all things SEO across our portfolio of online properties (Grubhub, Seamless, Eat24, Allmenus, Menupages)
- Stay abreast with current search optimization strategies for enterprise level SEO
- Be the technical SEO expert and work cross functionally with product to coordinate implementation of such strategies
- Develop a process for experimenting with SEO tactics to better understand search engine algorithms and improve ranking of our properties
- Build a reporting framework to monitor search engine rankings, traffic generation and track performance to aggressive goals
- Prioritize a long-term product strategy designed to achieve these goals
- Develop an ongoing content creation plan and implement a link building strategy
- Be able to identify and activate internal & external resources to hit traffic growth goals
- Identify new opportunities to facilitate organic growth through keyword research, data analysis and user experience analysis
- Analyze website traffic and provide technical, design, content, and other optimization strategies for improving search engine rankings
You Should Have
- At least 7+ years experience focused on search engine optimization
- 2+ years experience managing a small team and working cross-functionally
- Have expert level knowledge of technical SEO strategies, link building & conversion optimization
- Strong technical or product expertise, including the ability to analyze complex business problems effectively and work cross-functionally to prioritize solutions
- Have a proven track record for successfully improving SEO presence for large consumer brands
- Have excellent communication skills, including the ability to distil complex information into insights that can be socialized and understood broadly
- Ability to effectively prioritize projects based on growth opportunity & level of effort. Assess trade-offs of spending time on one task over another
- Knowledge of and experience in other marketing channels is also preferred. For example, content creation, social media, site-usability, PR and how these channels can relate to driving more organic traffic
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.