Social Impact Associate at DoorDash
About the Team
The Public Policy and Social Impact Team is a fast-growing, dynamic, collaborative group working to help Dashers, local businesses, and cities thrive, from creating new protections and benefits for workers, to supporting small businesses and community groups through creative programs and partnerships, to connecting communities in need with the power of last-mile logistics.
DoorDash is hiring a Program Associate to join the Social Impact team at DoorDash. This team focuses on finding ways to use our technology and resources to partner with the communities we operate in. The person in this role will create and manage the structures and processes through which DoorDash supports community organizations and will support the expansion of overall Social Impact efforts.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
Manage operations for DoorDash to partner with the community through donations (both cash and in-kind giving), sponsorships, special initiatives, and other forms of engagement.
Examples of responsibilities include:
- Developing systems to facilitate each step of the lifecycle for programs, with input from Policy, Brand, Strategy and Operations, and Finance. Examples include building donation application forms, facilitating decision making processes and managing partner contracts.
- Creating internal toolkits, documents, and knowledge banks that empower DoorDash teams to engage Social Impact programs in their work
- Providing ongoing technical and implementation support
- Creating a process to gather reporting (e.g., metrics and stories) on impact programs and maintaining tracking systems.
- Conducting research on new opportunities and partnering closely with our Social Impact and Policy teams to craft strategy, launch new initiatives, and expand our efforts over time.
- You have 3+ years of relevant experience building systems to support scalable programs, including budgeting, timelines, the ability to relay needs of projects to others, and managing multiple projects simultaneously. You are a strong operator with impeccable organizational and project management skills.
- You have knowledge of the social sector and/or social issues that informs your thoughtful, ambitious perspective on how DoorDash can make a unique impact.
- You may have experience working in both a national and local capacity. Experience in public affairs preferred. Familiarity with public, private, and social sectors preferred.
- You have experience writing for both internal and external audiences, i.e. drafting copy for marketing, blogs, etc.
- You build strong and sustained relationships with a diverse range of both internal and external stakeholders.
- You are analytical and very comfortable learning new systems. SQL skills a plus.
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.