Social Media Associate at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a cryptocurrency platform that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 40 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Communications
We believe that the world should know and love Gemini. In Communications, we spend our days crafting the Gemini story and telling it to the people who need to hear it. This team sits between our product and the market, and is a key growth driver for every aspect of the organization. We have a holistic philosophy that combines data, integrated communications, including owned content, including our blogs and social media, paid content and earned media and all aspects of consumer & customer-facing communications.
The Role: Digital Communications Associate
Gemini’s mission is to Empower the Individual Through Crypto, and the role of the Digital Communications Associate is to strategically evangelize that mission across all of Gemini’s digital channels. We’re looking for a hungry, collaborative, and proactive digital comms associate who can skillfully communicate with our customers and followers in 280 characters or less with a passion to tell stories via photos, videos, and emerging media. This is more than channel management, you’re not afraid to challenge the status quo and bring innovative solutions to communications problems. As a Digital Communications Associate, you will work with our Communications, Product, Design, Marketing, and Customer Support teams to stay up to date with all the latest features, products, campaigns, and promotions in order to achieve a right first-time response and the highest level of customer service specifically through our social channels.
Working closely with your communications counterpart, you will ensure that every appropriate customer engagement opportunity on the defined social channels is responded to in line with our Communications and Customer Support Guidelines and Macros. You will support positive brand reputation with effective engagement on social media.
- Effective social listening using global social listening tools such as Sprout Social
- Build multi-channel, digital customer engagement campaigns from scratch; utilize data to measure success and iterate accordingly
- Partner with internal teams including Customer Support, Product, to stay up to date on the latest products, features, campaigns and promotions to provide daily social media monitoring and customer support response
- Schedule, publish, and monitor content across our social media platforms
- Create and manage a social media content calendar that summarizes weekly activity
- Interact with our community on our social platforms and streamline customer inquiries
- Build and create “How-To” videos and images that help educate our current and future customers about various aspects of the platform
- Develop monthly, quarterly and yearly reports providing details on Gemini’s social growth for Gemini Customer Support handles
- Monitor and manage Gemini’s reputation across multiple platforms including Reddit, Twitter, Instagram and Twitter.
- Support Head of Communications in ad hoc project work and requests; flex into PR work as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years in a digital communications role (agency or in-house)
- Proven excellence in writing and style
- Experience building and iterating on digital communications strategy specific to financial services, technology, or management consulting industries
- Experience with community management and customer communications
- Proven ability to work with and build trusted relationships with internal teams successfully
- Ability to deliver excellent, high quality work under time constraints and deadlines
- Proficient with social media platforms with heavy emphasis on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Reddit
- Experience utilizing Hootsuite, Bitly, Sprout Social, TweetDeck, Photoshop, or InDesign platforms
- Experience with utilizing publishing, analytics and listening tools to help content creation and engagement
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.