Social Media Coordinator
ABOUT THE SKIMM
heSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to more than 75 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm’s social media team is made up of scrappy, creative thinkers who are dedicated to expanding our brand presence and engage with our member base across popular and emerging social media platforms. We bring theSkimm’s voice and brand to life across multiple touchpoints in our members’ daily lives, and as we grow, we are looking to add a smart, savvy, and budding marketing professional who has an intimate familiarity with theSkimm’s message and can help to materialize it consistently.
Reporting to our Head of Social Media, you will brainstorm and iterate content for theSkimm’s official social media accounts that foster community, engage Skimm’rs, and helps us grow this B*. At times, you may collaborate closely with the Skimm Studios team on video content, as well as various Editorial and Design teams.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Produce content across social media channels (photos, GIFs, memes, illustrations, videos, etc)
- Copy-edit and fact-check social media content
- Manage the posting and optimization across multiple social media channels, includes scheduling or actively posting on nights and weekends
- Administer social content publishing tools for monitoring and engaging with audiences across social channels
- Catalog and organize all creative assets and files to ensure our internal database is kept organized and up-to-date
- Coming to the table with ideas while ready to leave the room with a collective vision or decision
WHAT WOULD SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- You have a strong understanding of theSkimm’s brand and voice and can communicate its message with consistency
- You have worked in social media for a news & information, consumer, and/or emerging brand
- You have experience following a content calendar and using social content publishing tools
- You have experience such as graphic design, illustration, videography, and/or photography
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Your personality reads something like this: very creative, can keep your cool in high-pressure environments, time-management is a hobby, feedback is your friend, has a sense or humor, is a team player, attention to detail is fun for you
- You are a Skimm’bassador, or have a long history with theSkimm
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- 'MassMutual' 401(k) program
- Free 'One Medical' Membership
- Free 'Headspace' Membership
- Subsidized family planning and fertility benefits through 'Carrot Fertility'
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals and drinks during our weekly "Sip’n Skimm" all-hands meeting and twice-monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live a smarter life
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY