Social Media Editor
About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
Rent the Runway is seeking a Social Media Editor to join our growing Brand Marketing & Editorial team. Your mission is to help communicate the Rent the Runway brand, products and services across social channels through original content strategies and executions to service and scale our social audience and following. You are a strategic and creative thinker who will support creative programming for Rent the Runway’s social channels that meet the editorial, marketing, and advertising goals of the brand while supporting long-term growth, channel measurement and creative execution.
This role reports directly to the Social Media Manager, and will collaborate with our lean and hungry social team to execute on strategy. Day-to-day you will create content, craft storytelling for posts, engage our community and give voice to the brand on our social channels (including but not limited to: Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Youtube). This is an ideal opportunity for someone who excels in a creative, fast-paced, “let’s test it!” environment and deeply believes in the Rent the Runway mission. The ideal candidate is a unique blend of strategist, storyteller and creator.
- Bring the Rent the Runway brand story to life with strategic social content that engages our audience and grows our following
- Support daily content strategy, execution and insights across social channels
- Pitch and execute social-first content ideas and initiatives that will help us meet our goals, measure the impact of those efforts and optimize accordingly
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop social media extensions for campaigns
- Help manage and contribute to daily social media calendar
- Partner with our Customer Experience team to handle timely responses, converse with followers, and track customer feedback through social listening
- Collaborate cross-functionally, particularly with Creative, to coordinate and execute social projects
- Support social reporting and platform analytics to optimize social strategy
- Regularly report on our social trends, content performance and audience development insights
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Had several strong, relevant internship or professional experiences
- User of social and lover of great content; you’re always signing up for new social platforms and figuring out ways to engage on new channels
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Writing experience a plus
- Lover of curation – special knack for creating a cohesive visual aesthetic with imagery
- Strong understanding of the social media space and nuances of each platform; this includes knowing what type of content works best on what platform and how to analyze performance and optimize to drive constant improvement
- Entrepreneurial and eager to come up with big ideas and execute them with an anything-is-possible attitude
- A self-starter and creative problem solver, who can juggle a million different things at once; you constantly have ideas for how to make a situation more efficient and successful, and run with it
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need