Social Media Manager at The Farmer's Dog
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#mustlovedogsWHAT'S THE ROLE?
Despite their name, social media platforms have largely become one-way communications channels where brands repurpose existing assets and passively "reach" and "engage" their audiences. At The Farmer's Dog, we want to put the "social" back in social media and use these platforms to spark genuine interactions with fans, followers, and current & prospective customers. That means creating content that gets people thinking and talking, understanding the idiosyncrasies of individual platforms, staying on top of the trends and topics that matter to dog people, and knowing when (and most importantly, when not) to capitalize on cultural moments. This role represents a unique opportunity to own our brand's strategy and activity across social platforms, grow and retain a passionate audience base, and in the process help dogs and dog people everywhere live their best lives.
- Develop overall organic social media strategy, audience growth plan, content calendar, and measurement/KPI framework with a focus on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
- Manage day-to-day activity across these platforms, from concept to execution (with opportunity to build out a team in the future)
- Determine and implement optimal social media tech stack, taking into account the need for social listening/insight generation, cross-platform publishing, customer service / comment tracking, and measurement needs
- Collaborate across functional areas - especially with Growth/Performance Marketing, Community, and Customer Experience - to ensure osmosis of insights and consideration of other teams' needs and goals
- Identify, evaluate, brief, and manage individual creative, brand, publisher, and media partners for specific social content initiatives
- Use first-, second-, and third-party data to surface and prioritize social content needs and grow our audience
- Act as a steward of The Farmer's Dog brand and a more thoughtful approach to social media marketing
- A true "whole-brained" thinker and doer with a deep understanding of how content across different social channels and platforms can build and grow a brand
- A clear, responsive communicator, verbally and in writing (design/photography skills a plus!)
- Comfortable oscillating between big-picture strategy and in-the-weeds execution
- Curious about new channels and tactics and how to apply them (or not) to our own social media strategy
- Driven by data and intuition, and have a sense for which to prioritize when
- Passionate about dogs and dog health and constantly curious about new market trends, research findings, and customer stories and how they might translate into compelling social content
- Incredibly organized and a masterful manager of your own, and others’, time
- Adaptable to different working styles, mindsets, and personalities, showcasing a willingness to collaborate with all
- Excited about proactively coming up with and implementing ideas (big and small) that will help grow our brand and audience
- Attentive to detail with high standards of quality while maintaining an (authentically) friendly, positive attitude
- Flexible and open-minded, but also have strong convictions and a POV that you can clearly communicate and defend
- A DOG PERSON -- even if you don’t have one!
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Fresh breakfast, snacks and coffee for the humans
- Strict daily belly rub quota