Social Media Manager at Yext
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
Reporting to the Director, Brand Content Strategy, the Social Media Manager position will be responsible for our organic social media strategy, with the goal of growing each channel, developing an engaging community of followers, and establishing Yext as a leader in the search space through creative and compelling social content. A successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the current social media landscape, with a clear track record of driving brand awareness and affinity for B2B brands through social. This person will be an exceptional communicator, a skilled content strategist, be comfortable using data to inform decisions, and be able to easily and authentically adopt the brand's voice.
- Manage Yext’s presence on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube - and whatever channels emerge next! - including executing social engagement plans and creating clickable and shareable content tailored to each channel
- Develop and implement new strategies to drive conversations with prospects/customers including but not limited to, microcontent creation (image/video), influencer programs, user-generated content, contests, and campaigns
- Develop comprehensive social media editorial calendar to coordinate publishing schedules year over year
- Define metrics and KPIs to measure the success and impact of social efforts across channels. Work with the Marketing Operations team to analyze social media campaigns/programs and improve content and performance
- Increase social media engagement, channel growth, and traffic from social channels to the Yext site, helping with lead generation and pipeline goals
- Collaborate with PR, Content Marketing, Revenue, Events, Product, and Recruiting teams to create, support, and execute content and campaigns that support the overall goals of the company
- Monitor and respond quickly to customer inquiries across channels
- Keep up to date with social trends in order to adopt new strategies and recommend changes
- Bachelor’s degree or similar college level education
- 3-5 years of experience in social media strategy, either agency-side or internally (B2B experience a plus!)
- Experienced brand storyteller with a passion for developing innovative, compelling content across photography, copy, and video; able to adapt creatively per channel
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit; scrappy and proactive, always looking for ways to take initiative and improve existing programs / processes
- Strong grammar and written communication skills
- Eye for visual design
- Keen understanding of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Experience working with social insights tools: Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Instagram Insights, Twitter Insights, SproutSocial, Hootsuite, or similar tools
- Self-starter, and a detail-oriented, team player with creative problem solving and excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask, work fast, quickly change priorities, and meet deadlines
- Passion for helping to build an iconic global technology company
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.