Social Media Marketing Manager at Alt
At Alt, we envision a world where anything is an investable asset. Using trading cards, we’re establishing a proof of concept to create financial products that traditional financial institutions don’t support or recognize as collateral. Our future plans are to expand into other asset classes to support everything from trading cards, watches, NFTs and even LP interests.
To date, we’ve raised over $100 million from thought leaders at the intersection of culture, community, and capital. Some of our investors include Alexis Ohanian’s fund Seven Seven Six, the founders of Stripe, Coinbase co-founder Fred Ehrsam, BlackRock co-founder Sue Wagner, the co-founders of AngelList, First Round Capital, and BoxGroup. We’re also backed by professional athletes including Tom Brady, Candace Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Alex Morgan, Kevin Durant, and Marlon Humphrey.
Alt is a dedicated equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We celebrate our differences and strive to create an inclusive environment for all. We are focused on fostering a culture of empowerment which starts with providing our employees with the resources needed to reach their full potential.
Alt’s Social Media Marketing Manager is both a creative and a strategic role. You’ll help shape our social strategy, bringing the Alt brand to life in new and creative ways and scale our reach and engagement across channels. The role is highly visible within the organization and requires collaboration across marketing, design, comms, product, customer support, and legal. This role reports to the Head of Marketing.
The ideal candidate for this role is creative, passionate, and has a knack for leveraging social media to strategically build brands, capture attention, and generate buzz. You have a pulse on all things culture (From NFTs to sports). You want to join an early-stage startup, have an empowered voice at the table and help drive the next level of growth for Alt.The impact you will make:
- Shape & execute the social media strategy for Alt
- Own all day-to-day social media operations for Alt’s owned channels, inserting social-first thinking into everything we do and posting
- Develop new content ideas, strategies, and campaigns to grow and engage Alt’s social audience
- Partnering with Alt’s in-house creative team (Graphic designer, copywriter, photographer, video editor), imagine and brief all social content
- Create and manage a robust monthly editorial calendar to ensure all content is planned and aligned to relevant seasonal, cultural, and brand moments
- Lead internal and external stakeholders through complex processes—from brief and concepting to feedback, approvals, and execution
- Manage agency partners to ensure flawless execution of always-on programs and campaigns
- Deliver weekly reports with comprehensive metrics and actionable insights to optimize content performance and future campaigns
- Stay on top of social memes and culture, surfacing trends to share with the wider team; stay informed on the latest platform best practices
- Cultivate strong relationships with platforms (Twitter, Instagram, tik tok)
- 2+ years of experience managing social media and working on innovative social campaigns for consumer brands
- Ability to provide clear and concise feedback across a range of topics and audiences
- A deep understanding of the social ecosystem and how brands should participate in an authentic way
- Experience managing complex workstreams involving internal stakeholders and external agencies
- Experience managing social media crisis/brand reputation issues in real time with cross-functional stakeholders
- Has worked with content creators/influencers
- Understanding of how paid and organic content and strategies work together
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Proven ability to creatively problem-solve and achieve results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, often on short deadlines
- You can post on a flexible schedule - this role requires we have the freshest content possible.
- Bonus points if you have interest in alternative assets, trading cards, watches, sneakers, sports, NFTs, web3
- You will be given resources to help grow your personal brand and to position yourself as a thought leader in areas relevant to Alt.
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Alt team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company. The opportunities for growth are truly limitless.
- An inclusive company culture that is being built intentionally to foster an environment that supports and engages talent in their current and future endeavors.
- Stipend to invest in alternative assets
- 401K, Work from home and Wellness Stipends
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- Competitive healthcare benefits, including HSA, for you and your dependent(s)