Social Media Specialist, Nifty Gateway at Gemini
Help us tell the Nifty Gateway Story
The Nifty Gateway Digital Communications Specialist will report to the Head of Communications and will focus on building and managing Nifty Gateway’s, a Gemini Company, social media platforms.
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner. Nifty Gateway is a “startup within a startup” – and operates within the Gemini ecosystem, uses some of Gemini’s crypto infrastructure, but has its own tech stack and its own unique team culture.
Nifty Gateway is the premier marketplace for Nifties (NFTs) - digital art and collectibles, recorded on the Ethereum blockchain. Each week we release exclusive digital content from well known artists and brands. Some of the major artists we have worked with in the past include Kenny Scharf, beeple, Steven Baltay, Oliver Latta and more. After launching the platform in March 2020, we’ve had 125 artists onboarded and launched more than 170 collections. Our collections usually sell out in minutes & immediately trade up in value on our proprietary peer-to-peer marketplace.
Role: Social Media Specialist
Our Social Media Specialist will be in tune with the NFT space and have a background managing social media profiles across both Twitter and Instagram. We’re looking for a hungry, collaborative, and proactive social media specialist who can skillfully share the news about upcoming Nifty drops in 280 characters or less with a passion to tell stories via photos, videos, and other emerging media. This individual will have a passion for technology and be enthusiastic about working in a fast paced startup environment, supporting the 2+ weekly 7pm ET drops. They will be incredibly detail oriented and be able to take full control of and skillfully grow our social media efforts. They will be able to work independently as well as collaboratively with the team at Nifty Gateway and Gemini. Help us build the products that will introduce Nifties to 1 billion people!
- Build multi-channel, digital (email, social, media) campaigns from scratch; utilize data to measure success and iterate accordingly
- Manage Nifty’s Twitter and Instagram accounts including creating original content that drives engagement and acquisition and promoting all the Nifty artist drops
- Manage and maintain rules in our Discord community
- Partner with internal teams across Marketing, Design, and Product to build robust campaigns that are optimized for the digital landscape
- Schedule, publish, and monitor content across our social media platforms
- Create a weekly social media calendar
- Build and create videos and images that help increase our brand awareness
- Develop monthly, quarterly and yearly reports providing details on Nifty Gateway’s social growth
- Create interactive campaigns in form of instagram lives with our partnered artists
- Maintain weekly email and social media alerts
- Create social media copy and digital toolkits for our partnered artists
- Research and create interesting Twitter threads on each artist releasing work
- Report on our social media growth and maintain analytics through Sprout and other social media tools
- 1-3+ years professional experience in a social media related role
- Impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven excellence in writing
- Experience managing social media platforms to drive brand awareness and customer conversions; willingness to roll up sleeves and make an immediate difference to a rapidly growing startup
- Ability to deliver excellent, high quality work under time constraints and deadlines
- Experience utilizing Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite, Bitly, Sprout Social, TweetDeck, Photoshop, or InDesign platforms
- Fluency in English
- Demonstrated excellence in internal project management, organizational planning and operational excellence
- Experience building digital campaigns from conception to launch
- Experience in digital communication/social media in crypto/fintech, art, fashion, sports, e-sports and/or collectibles industries
- Client or customer relationship experience
- Demonstrated success with email marketing campaigns and leveraging social media for customer acquisition
- Obsessed with Nifties and digital collectibles
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.