Social Media Strategist (Temp) at Teachers Pay Teachers
6 Month Contract
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than 6 million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world. If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who we are looking for
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As our Social Media Strategist, you will help manage and build TpT’s social media community of millions of educators. The ideal candidate has a successful record of managing social media communities, accounts and audiences for consumer-facing brands, and has a strong knowledge of the best practices related to day-to-day operations of a brand’s social channels. Part strategist, part project manager, and part creator, you will partner with our Social Media Manager and work closely with our Brand & Content Team and Design Team to develop and execute an engaging and measurable social media strategy that supports brand and company objectives. We’re seeking an entrepreneurially-minded community builder who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Help manage day-to-day operations of TpT’s Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and LinkedIn channels, including scheduling and posting content and responding to comments + DMs
- Build near-term and long-term content calendars for TpT’s social media channels, working closely with the Social Media Manager to develop voice and tone
- Spark genuine, real-time interactions with current and prospective fans/followers by creating timely and relevant content that gets people talking, and staying on top of the trends and topics that matter to the TpT community
- Analyze performance data to generate insights that refine and improve TpT’s approach to social media
- Select high-quality user-generated content to share, and manage any necessary permissions
- Partner with the Design team to request, develop and organize all social media assets
- Post on weekends and cover live events (infrequently, but as needed)
- BA/BS degree
- At least 3 years of experience managing social media for a consumer-facing business
- You’re passionate about social media and bring a deep understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- You’re impact oriented and a strategic thinker who establishes clear expectations and continuously measures performance
- You possess strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills, even under pressure
- You’re able to work independently, multitask, and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced startup environment
- You’re proficient in marketing data and analytics. You’re constantly seeking ways to better understand the impact of your work
- Excellent end to end project management/execution and relationship skills
- Impeccable attention to detail (copy-editing experience a plus!) and excellent judgment
- An upbeat, can-do attitude
- Strong understanding of the education industry and teachers
- Experience managing micro influencer campaigns and working directly with influencers & brand stakeholders
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.