Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We are a team of people from various social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds who value professional development and work/life balance. It’s our belief that our team and our work are both made better by our diversity. If this sounds like you, keep reading!
NowThis is looking for a Social Publisher to join our video distribution strategy team. We are looking for publishers who can work across each of our verticals: trending stories, politics, entertainment, science & tech, marijuana legalization, women-focused news, sports, food, and business. You’ll be a crucial part of running day-to-day operations for multiple social platform verticals while also improving video optimization, streamlining workflow, and pushing forward audience growth. We need independent self-starters and critical thinkers. In this role, content creation meets audience analytics, and you will be the driving force behind it.
- Manage all aspects of social video distribution for Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Maintain NowThis editorial voice in headline and copy-writing across multiple verticals, while keeping in mind that each page has its differences in tone.
- Work closely with Senior Producers to schedule videos posts and prioritize time sensitive content.
- Monitor Facebook analytics to report trends and actionable insights to producing teams.
- Work with Insights to develop strategies that support audience growth, including opportunities for A/B testing.
- At least a few years of professional experience running a social media account for a newsroom, digital outlet, or brand.
- Must be able to work a Sunday - Thursday schedule.
- Strong grammar and communication skills required.
- Strong familiarity with publishing tools, especially Facebook, Twitter, YouTube.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize projects, and communicate progress.
- Able to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced newsroom.
- Flexibility: We’re a newsroom, and breaking news doesn’t always happen during traditional hours.
- Foreign language skills are a bonus (please indicate fluency or proficiency).
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.