Sr. Associate - Internal Events
From the morning essentials that get us started to the office space that inspires and supports our productivity, the Real Estate & Workplace Operations team is there to make it happen. The team is looking for an events coordinator based in our New York office to join the team and contribute to our event and partnership strategy and initiatives. In this role you will assist in researching, planning, and execution of HQ events as well develop a playbook for other regional teams.
You will actively research and source vendors such as rentals, florists, food and beverage, lighting, and AV prior to each event. This person should have experience with research and client management.
Programs will include small scale intimate recruiting events to large scale HQ events and multi-day retreats in various markets for 500+ agents or staff with a unique offering of keynote speakers, physical fitness activities, networking events, performances, listing tours and beyond.
At Compass You Will:
- Manage RSVP lists and run-of-show
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and clients on event logistics and communications.
- Gather and assess event metrics for internal use.
- Enter and track PO & CO requests into Oracle for event purchases.
- Provide on-site and often after-hours day/weekends of support to host and Event Leads.
- Oversee staffing, set-up and breakdown for all events.
- Place event catering orders through internal catering system.
- Coordinate and negotiate all vendor contracts, catering, rentals and event talent/entertainment.
- Serve as liaison for catering, AV, security and janitorial support at events.
- Point of contact responsible for event issues and feedback in a timely and professional manner.
- Foster positive internal and external relationships being attentive, friendly, helpful, courteous and professional in a pleasant demeanor
- Create and maintain event emails such as the save-the-date
What We’re Looking For:
- A minimum of 2 years of Event and/or marketing experience
- An extremely detailed and organized person
- An eye for design
- Work collaboratively in a team environment
- Experience with project manager
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and know when to raise a hand when you need support
- Must be comfortable conversing with vendors over the phone and face to face with continuous follow-up
- Must be a self-motivated team player that is able to constantly multi-task
- Skilled communicator with great interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and highly organized
- Interest in a long term career of events and partnerships
- Excellent writing skills and grammar
- Execution oriented
- Experience working in a client or event service environment a plus
- Experience with a luxury brand a plus
- Proficient in the suite of office tools from Apple, Google and Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.