Sr. Manager, Content Marketing at Simon Data
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.The Role
We are looking for someone to own and develop content marketing strategy that increases our brand awareness, elevates our positioning, and improves sales effectiveness. If you are a person that believes that phenomenal content has the power to transform a business from the top of the funnel down, this is the role for you! You’ll be a part of everything from brainstorming with industry specialists to working with our executive team to build top-quality thought leadership.
This will be an exciting opportunity to help shape and bolster Simon Data’s position in the industry. This role has wide-reaching goals that will benefit several cross-functional groups. To that end, success will be visible both internally and externally. You will report directly to the Head of Marketing and collaborate with the friendly, encouraging, and whip-smart team at Simon.What You’ll Do
- Create and maintain content marketing calendar based on both external market and internal partner input. Facilitate partner consensus on a regular basis.
- Own and execute content production process: from idea, to outline—from feedback rounds to coordinating on-brand final design
- Be responsible for crafting compelling content that drives MCLs, supports nurture strategy, and supports our market positioning
- Manage content production relationships where applicable (e.g. freelance writers, team contributors)
- Maintain and nurture press relationships as well as proactively seek new opportunities
- Support channel marketing efforts with content and strategic insights
- Oversee organic strategy related to social media
- Support SEO with content and enable our agency relationships with current content strategy and calendar
- Ensure that our brand voice is consistently maintained and that we’re always writing to delight our client personas
- Occasional cross-functional content support
- 4-8 years experience in content creation, ideally for a high-growth, B2B company
- Collaborative style when working across functions, partners, and vendor relationships
- Demonstrated ability to drive top of funnel with content
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use engagement and performance analytics to adapt strategy and focus
- Experience in SaaS and marketing tech space
- Ability to join and thrive in dynamic conversations with diverse audiences: executives, client-facing conversations, etc.
- Capacity to build high-quality content across multiple formats: webinars, guides, blog posts, long-form thought leadership, etc.
- Ability to ensure consensus and utilization by the sales team
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.Diversity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.