Sr. Manager, Lifecycle Marketing at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want innovative leaders with a passion for seeing our customers fulfill their dreams
We are looking for a marketing leader with a track record of building and optimizing lifecycle marketing programs. You’re an expert at translating data insights into areas of opportunity to improve and expand our existing program. You understand DigitalOcean’s developer and SMB audience and the tactics that resonate with them, ultimately leading them to succeed with our services. Reporting to the Director of Growth Marketing, you’ll have the opportunity to lead a growing team of innovative marketers and write the next chapter of lifecycle marketing at DigitalOcean. While leading the team, you’ll also be hands-on, executing the roadmap you develop while working cross-functionally with teams in marketing, product, and analytics.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Crafting and executing the Lifecycle Marketing roadmap: Analyzing the current state of our program to prioritize activities and create the roadmap for the rest of 2021 and beyond. Incorporate all products and features into the plan, both current and upcoming, to ensure the program is all-encompassing.
- Mentoring and managing a high-performing team: Leading a small but mighty team of lifecycle marketers and campaign managers, ensuring they are supported and fulfilled with their work and have clear career trajectories at DigitalOcean.
- Optimizing the DigitalOcean customer journey: Translating insights gathered from funnel conversion trends and implementing changes in the customer experience to remove friction and improve conversion (customer onboarding at scale being a critical example).
- Enabling your program with data and systems: Partner with our Analytics and Operations team to procure the data required to enable our lifecycle program and campaigns. Provide recommendations to improve the stability of data flowing into our systems.
- Supporting company-wide customer communication needs: Ensuring campaign operations requests from across the company are fulfilled while aligning the communication calendar with our customers’ appetite to receive communications.
- Launching experiments and analyzing results to inform recommendations: Testing hypotheses that will improve the customer experience, enable their success, and drive growth for the company.
- Working cross-functionally: Managing the workload coming to the team, and delegating tasks accordingly. Negotiate competing priorities to support the goals of your team as well as teams you support
- Experience building and optimizing a Lifecycle Marketing program: Ability to analyze the current state of a lifecycle program, identify and prioritize areas of opportunity, and lead the execution of the roadmap.
- People management experience: At least two years of people management experience at a values-driven organization. Proven coaching and mentoring background.
- Marketing automation background: Hands-on experience building campaigns in marketing automation platforms (preferably Marketo), in-app messaging platforms, and other channel-specific tools.
- Data management expertise: Experience piping data between core systems; data warehouse, Segment, CRM (Salesforce), and marketing automation platform (Marketo)
- Analytical acumen: Experience using reporting tools (Looker a plus) to gather insights, and strong presentation skills to translate insights into narratives.
- Collaborative expertise: A proven track record of working cross-functionally to enable campaigns; content creation, design, and operational dependencies.
- Strong writing: Ability to write effective copy that is compelling to technical audiences.
- Domain experience: Experience marketing cloud solutions to developers and businesses; familiarity with cloud infrastructure a plus
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!