Sr. Manager, Marketing Analytics & Operations at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about building meaningful long term relationships with our customers that help them grow and scale their business in the cloud and create experiences that they love.
The Senior Manager of Marketing Analytics and Operations will lead a team to enable the marketing organization to change the trajectory of self-service revenue. They will partner with marketing stakeholders and other business leaders to optimize performance, uncover new growth opportunities, and lead strategic initiatives to better leverage data for the marketing use case. They will be a strong advocate for the marketing team, and represent their needs and challenges with cross-functional leadership. They will be able to confidently tell the story of self-service revenue through data.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Map out the customer acquisition and product activation funnels to help the marketing team size growth initiatives, make educated decisions about how to prioritize their efforts, and understand their contribution to self-service revenue
- Leverage funnel data and trends to proactively find opportunities and monitor risks for the self-service revenue channel
- Establish a regular cadence of reporting to give marketing stakeholders and DigitalOcean leadership a deeper understanding of the outcomes of growth interventions and progress towards goals
- Partner closely with the Data team to create new reporting definitions as needed, as well as communicating requirements for reporting automation and dashboard creation
- Review existing behavioral tracking and data collection practices, create a plan to improve these processes, and work to move the data architecture and operations forward
- Serve as the connective tissue across teams (including Compliance, Product and Engineering), working to share knowledge and develop a common understanding of the impact cross-functional projects will have on revenue
- Build, lead and mentor a team that will deliver insights to drive the marketing investments and decision-making needed for growth
- Experience acting as a thought partner to marketing team leaders in extracting useful insights from the data and documenting trends
- Experience managing and mentoring analysts
- A deep understanding of Marketing tech stack and the ability to make quick decisions based on data and business demands
- A meticulously process and detail oriented mindset, comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Experience at high-growth cloud computing or developer services companies
- A background in Revenue Marketing and self-service marketing activities
- Extensive experience managing complex marketing systems, marketing automation, data privacy, and reporting
- The ability to distill complex marketing systems issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!