NS1 optimizes delivery of the world’s most critical internet and enterprise applications. Only NS1’s platform is built on a modern API-first architecture that acts on real-time data and grows more powerful in complex environments, transforming DNS, DHCP, and IP Address Management (IPAM) into an intelligent, efficient, and automated system. NS1’s technology drives dramatic gains in IT efficiency and application performance, reliability, and security for the largest global enterprises, including Salesforce, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Nielsen, Pitney Bowes, Squarespace, Pandora and The Guardian. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack.The Role:
The Senior Manager/Director, Technical Marketing is a technologist who works as a part of the product marketing team. This role will work with a cross-functional team to ensure that the products that we bring to market are successful in a wide variety of customer engagements.
The candidate must be a technical expert. Success in the role will depend on the ability to clearly articulate the technical differentiators of a product, enable sales teams and also work with the Product Management, Sales Engineering and Sales teams to continually improve the products.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create design guides, evaluation guides, technical white papers, presentations, videos and demonstrations for our security solutions and products.
- Build and maintain compelling demo environments for our solutions.
- Enable the sales and pre-sales teams.
- Support sales and marketing efforts as required.
- Support product launch activities and support with field marketing activities, trade shows, Conferences and Technical Sales Training or Channel Partner Training activities.
- Respond to customer or field inquiries, assist with Technical RFPs and work with a cross-functional team of PMs, SEs, Engineers as required.
- Perform market, win-loss and competitive analysis
- Technical degree in IT related areas or equivalent skills/experience
- Prior experience as a Technical Marketing Engineer or Sales Engineer
- 10 or more years experience in high growth technology environments
- Extensive customer and field experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Extensive experience working with enterprise products and customers
- Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit and sense of urgency. Must be resourceful and proactive.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and possessing a high level of integrity.
- Team player that works well in collaborative situations and start-up environments.
- Natural leadership skills and the ability to work with all teams in the company
- A combination of a player/coach that can get hands-on while building and nurturing a high performance team as the business scales
- Ability to travel on a moderate basis
- Experience with cloud, data-center, network infrastructure technologies
- Software development or scripting capabilities
- Understanding of application delivery and DNS concepts
- People management skills
- Start-up experience
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary and stock options)
- medical, dental, and vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours and time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.