SVP Marketing at Rokt
Rokt makes e-commerce smarter, faster and better. When customers are buying online, they increasingly expect more personalized and relevant experiences. Rokt uses real-time data and decisioning to deliver the next best action for each person in each Transaction Moment™. Founded in Sydney in 2012, Rokt now operates in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, The Netherlands, Spain and Japan. Our clients include Live Nation, Staples, Groupon, GoDaddy, Expedia, Wells Fargo, Vistaprint and HelloFresh. Rokt unlocks the hidden potential in every single Transaction Moment™.
With an annual revenue run rate of USD$150m+ & a vibrant company culture, Rokt was recently listed in Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work’ in New York. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us recruit, retain and promote the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Rokt closed our Series C in 2019, raising US$48m from TDM Growth Partners and existing investors. The investment will support our continued investment in research & development.
We are profitable, growing fast, and having great fun transforming the world of ecommerce.
Learn more at rokt.com.About this role
Rokt is looking for a proven and passionate B2B technology marketing leader, accustomed to working in a high-growth technology company with a fast paced, high performance and entrepreneurial culture. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, our SVP of Marketing will be responsible for driving all activities that help tell the Rokt story and position the business for continued rapid growth including operationalizing and scaling Rokt’s B2B marketing funnel.
Familiar with highly complex, multi-touch sales cycles, you have proven expertise in all aspects of building a strong B2B marketing funnel, from brand to pr, demand generation to communications, GTM strategy through to the development of market leading sales enablement materials and content marketing, highly technical product marketing requirements, all aimed at establishing and extending market leadership.
In managing an exceptional and cohesive integrated marketing team (brand/comms, pr, product marketing, account-based marketing), you must be skilled at hiring, mentoring, and retaining top talent and managing high performing teams. You’re a creative, flexible and hands-on marketer with a focussed ability to get the job done even in the face of time, budget or resource constraints. You’re smart, energetic and relentless in the pursuit of moving the needle.
Outcomes & responsibilities:
- Translate goals into effective integrated marketing strategies and campaigns for key products and customer segments that support the achievement of quarterly and annual goals
- Drive market expansion and revenue growth by developing sales strategies and supporting sales efforts across the sales cycle
- Closely collaborate with revenue generating teams (Customer Success & Business Development) and across the marketing functions within the team, including product marketing, to ensure the development and delivery of the most effective and efficient programs
- Oversee the development and execution of data-driven account-based marketing strategies and models and stay well-informed of marketing trends, vertical industry insights and best practices for potential leverage
- Build, inspire, and lead a marketing organization that delivers against marketing goals, with clearly defined roles, career paths, succession plans, and employee success strategies
- Develop and manage marketing program budgets; measure and optimize marketing programs to ensure activities are effective, efficient, and deliver high ROI
Capabilities & requirements:
- Proven B2B communications leader with 15+ years of integrated marketing, having previously built and delivered revenue-generating programs in a fast growth technology business (at least 5 years at VP level)
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output. Enjoys rolling sleeves up.
- Budget management expertise
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Stature, gravitas, and confidence to gain the credibility and respect of high-performing CEO and Executive Committee
- Highly networked, easily attracts great talent
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, and results oriented
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Excellent and persuasive communicator
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with leadership team and staff
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! Access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan in the US. In the US, get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone gets to enjoy the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love to hear from you - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, colour, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.