Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
You will work closely with both internal and external teams, and be responsible for the day-to-day strategic and tactical engagement on all aspects of technical implementation for measuring clients’ advertising campaigns. Working from our New York City, Seattle or Los Angeles offices, you will collaborate with Client Services, Product, and Engineering to support measurement and reporting setup of new products and data feeds for all client reporting purposes.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Onboard new media partners and manage technical setup within the Foursquare Attribution platform
- Manage, develop, and traffic Foursquare attribution pixels, search URLs, and impressions log files for measuring client ad campaigns, both directly with Media Partners as well as with agencies
- Be the expert on pixel, macro, and tagging solutions to ensure third parties are utilizing Foursquare products correctly. This includes debugging via browser related tools
- Monitor incoming pixel activity to ensure campaigns are being tracked properly
- Troubleshoot campaign issues and quickly resolve discrepancies
- Ensure there are proper communication channels amongst internal teams regarding campaigns
- Own and be an expert on internal tools and analysis
- Collaborate with Product team to develop new tools as needed to make your job more efficient
- 2-3 years of experience in digital Ad Ops
- A great depth of understanding on the online advertising industry: desktop, mobile (web/in-app), video, podcasting, and display technologies, as well as measurement platform knowledge
- Search integration experience (SA360/GoogleAds/Bing/Kenshoo/Marin)
- Experience working with large Publishers, Ad Networks, Ad Exchanges, DSPs, and DMPs
- Knowledge of cross-device matching and partners
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and/or command line/SQL scripts
- Comfortable working with large data sets using a variety of tools
- Ability to write ad server specific pixels with appropriate macros
- Expertise in providing client-ready discrepancy reporting
- A self-starter who can work autonomously to build strong cross-functional relationships
- Familiarity with ad serving tools and rich-media solutions, as well as with Placed and/or other location-based measurement companies
- Previous experience in the agency space
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.