Technical Marketing Operations Manager
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about using technology to power world-class marketing.
We are looking for a talented self-starter to help evolve our marketing tech stack and deliver data-informed insights on our funnel. You will be the marketing owner for Segment and other key tools that helps deliver the “right message, to the right user, at the right time”, as well as drive better marketing decisions through web analytics and funnel analysis. This includes routing key product data to the right marketing tools, building new workflows to support new campaigns, partnering with our Data teams on new requirements, and supporting our web analytics & A/B testing efforts.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Marketing owner for Segment: tactically responsible for routing key product information to the right marketing endpoints (email, web, social, etc)
- Tactically build and maintain flows in Tray.io that transform and route Segment data into our other marketing tools (Marketo, Slack, etc)
- Perform ongoing and ad hoc analysis across our web properties to assist in SEO, conversion and UX efforts.
- Act as our Web Analytics owner: implement and maintain marketing website tracking and client-side events using Tag Manager.
- Partner with our Experimentation team to prioritize and implement A/B tests using Tag Manager and/or Optimizely
- Partner with our Internal Tools team to maintain key information across Salesforce and Marketo
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Experience with Segment and/or Tray.io
- Ability to stitch together data across tools using webhooks, APIs and 3rd party tools like Tray.io, Zapier, etc.
- Strong analytical skills: intermediate SQL experience and advanced with excel.
- Power user power user of Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
- Strong familiarity with Marketo and Salesforce
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!