JW Player users and customers love our developer and support documentation. It’s some of our website’s highest-trafficked and most searched-for pages, bringing in new leads and helping customers onboard and integrate our video technology.
The technical writer will create a scalable process and be accountable for how our documentation is written and structured into a user-friendly and comprehensive knowledge base. You’ll add enormous value by ensuring we continue to lead the market with self-service documentation, making product and support teams more efficient, and most importantly enabling customers to achieve success.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating solid customer-facing content that improves usability of JW Player products, bridging the gap between product and support teams.
- Maintaining existing support and developer documentation by updating content where appropriate, working closely with product managers, engineers, and support.
- Producing high-quality technical documentation and guides for various developer tools, REST APIs, and SDKs.
- Writing original blog posts and whitepapers in collaboration with content marketing team.
- Identifying gaps in documentation and producing new articles, while avoiding overlap.
- Providing technical and non-technical feedback to other writers.
- Testing documentation against software to ensure proper functionality.
What we expect from you:
- Establish a working knowledge of our products, including attending engineering standups and meetings across the organization and interviewing product managers and engineers.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility in managing work on fast-paced and ambiguous projects.
- Expertise in technical writing, product documentation, journalism, or related writing disciplines.
- Familiarity with source code management, build systems, and related processes, with the ability to quickly learn and use technology.
About JW Player
JW Player is the world’s largest network-independent video platform. Founded in 2008 as the first open source video player, today JW Player’s customers span the globe across 193 countries, and range from Fortune 500 companies to video-centric small businesses. The company’s flagship product, JW Player, delivers more than millions of plays per month across nearly 2 billion unique devices — OTT, mobile and desktop. In addition to the player, the company’s services include advertising, analytics, data services, video hosting and streaming. For more information, see http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.