Technical Writer at Zipari
!Sorry, this job was removed at 11:52 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, January 16, 2020
Zipari is a technology start-up company based in DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY. Our mission is to disrupt the insurance industry by introducing consumer-centric solutions powered by data analytics. We are looking for individuals who want to build a company, a culture and solve complex challenges. The Zipari team members have strong work ethics, believe in what Zipari is building, and are willing to play whatever role is necessary to achieve the company’s goals. Our team has movie geeks, foodies, talented musicians and a mix of random elements that make us one: The Zipari team!
What You'll Be Doing
- Developing, organizing, writing and editing technical operational procedures and manuals.
- Researching, developing and documenting technical design specifications in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Maintaining a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Incorporating Swagger/OAS into customer facing and internal developer documentation.
- Analyzing documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
- Managing updates and revisions to technical literature.
- Working with managers to prioritize the needs of end users of technical documentation.
- Reviewing product samples and speaking with product designers and developers.
- Organizing and writing supporting documents for products.
- Using diagrams that increase users’ understanding and convey reference architecture.
- Revising documents as new issues arise.
- Creating and organizing internal technical information for developer processes, product features and new technologies.
- Identifying and proposing solutions for major improvements to processes.
- Supplementing documentation with relevant sample code and/or visuals needed to enhance the written word.
- 5+ years experience writing documentation for developers (APIs, SDKs, web technologies) and other forms of technical content for software applications
- Implemented internal and external documentation projects that have made life easier for developers of all experience levels
- Working knowledge of Swagger / OAS, JSON, YAML, GIT
- Ability to understand and explain highly technical information leveraging a background in engineering or computer science
- Have an understanding of data models, schemas, and relationships
- Ability to take complex, technical information and translate it for colleagues and consumers who have nontechnical backgrounds
- Understanding the need to ask the right questions to get the necessary details from highly technical people with busy schedules
- Highly organized, self-motivated and can bring order to chaos
- Strong attention to detail who can clearly communicate every detail ensuring that instructions are useful and relevant
- Natural curiosity for learning how things work
- Ability to adjust to changes midstream and are excited about using your creativity to solve problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, Technical Communication, English or a related field
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health, dental and vision benefits
- Unlimited MetroCard
- Generous vacation and leave policies
- Awesome team with the ability to help define the culture
- Fun work environment and team events (Friday happy hours, foosball tournaments and movie nights)
Read Full Job Description