OpenFin is building the operating platform for the world’s largest financial institutions. As our reach spreads throughout the industry, our product suite continues to grow to meet our customers’ business and technical needs. We are seeking an individual with strong technical writing skills to drive OpenFin’s documentation.
As a part of the OpenFin team, you will work closely with OpenFin’s Engineering and Product teams to ensure platform features are well documented, including developer, end-user and API documentation. You will have the ability to influence decisions and drive the direction of OpenFin’s documentation needs.
You will love this job if you are:
- Someone with strong technical writing skills and product documentation
- Someone who enjoys creating API and developer documentation
- A passionate writer who can successfully generate consumable content from interviewing subject matter experts
- An individual who is passionate about understanding browser, web technologies, and desktop compiled languages
- An individual who demonstrates the ability to context shift across multiple teams and priorities
- A self starter who is driven by an internal need to get things done and execute polished deliverables
What you’ll do:
- Research, write, and produce a high volume of developer facing documentation for an ever-evolving product
- Partner with teams to generate cohesive and effective API documentation to be delivered in cadence with sprint/release cycles
- Obtain a deep understanding of OpenFin’s products to translate complex information into a simplified and consumable content
- Manage OpenFin’s online API documentation and corresponding collateral
- Manage a high volume of simultaneous projects and priorities independently, in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders
What you need:
- Technical writing and product documentation experience
- Experience with readme.com, HTML, WordPress, Github
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication and documentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and to be highly detail-oriented
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Move fast. Break nothing. OpenFin is the financial industry's first common operating system. Built on top of Google’s Chromium and GitHub’s Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines advanced interoperability, lightning-fast distribution, and robust security with an agile web development and deployment model to accelerate digital transformation and innovation. Launched in 2010, the world’s largest banks and trading platforms use OpenFin to deploy thousands of industry apps to over 1500 sell-side and buy-side firms.
OpenFin currently has offices in New York City and London. To see what they’ve been up to, check out OpenFin on LinkedIn or take a look at our Blog.
Why Work Here?
- Experienced, dedicated, and hands-on managers
- A highly collaborative development process that values both team players and independent learners
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health and Commuter FSAs
- 401(k) and Equity Options
- Free Annual CitiBike Membership
- Generous PTO policy
- Stocked kitchen
- Team lunches, events, and happy hours
- Annual Offsite