Technical Writer at Whip Media Group
The Whip Media Group of companies is transforming the business of content throughout the global entertainment ecosystem. Our portfolio includes media and trusted technology organizations that deliver immense client value through new data-driven solutions, empowering unprecedented real-time insights. Together, our companies track billions of consumer actions and financial transactions that accelerate innovation for buyers and sellers of content.
We’re Not Your Typical Start-Up
We’ve built a unique Content Value Management (CVM) platform for B2B that’s leveraged by some of the largest players in the entertainment industry, we have a management team that’s run multiple billion-dollar companies, and we’re still only 130 people…for now. We’re growing quickly and have a cool sister company, TV Time, the world’s largest TV and movie tracking app with millions of users around the world. Want to be the next on board?
The Whip Media Group is growing and is looking for a Technical Writer to join our team in NYC. In this role, you will have the opportunity to define and implement the processes and procedures we will use to create and manage our technical documentation. The Technical Writer will play a vital role in getting our customers, which include the leading media and entertainment companies around the world, up and running quickly and making sure that they are able to leverage our products quickly and easily. The ideal candidate enjoys mastering new technologies and has both a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical publications, and a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software engineers, product managers, and sales and marketing teams. You must be collaborative, creative, empathetic, and curious, with a proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results.
How you will contribute:
- Design, develop and own the overall process for creating and maintaining technical documents
- Collaborate with the Engineering, Product Management, Sales, and Marketing organizations to design and develop product manuals, guides, release notes, etc.
- Create, produce and revise high-quality UI, integration, and API documentation associated with multiple Enterprise Software products
- Participate in the planning of documentation projects with multiple organization, including engineering, product management, sales and marketing
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documentation written by others
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
To be successful in this role you'll need:
- A minimum of 5 years in a technical writing or lead writing role
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Experience using and documenting SaaS products, targeting multiple audiences, output formats, and use cases
- Experience designing and delivering clear, accurate documentation targeted at both business and technical users
- Highly organized and a self-starter, able to prioritize tasks and work independently in a fast-paced, distributed environment
- Experience with Confluence as a document management solution
- Experience building good working relationships across teams of both technical and non-technical members
What we offer:
- An executive team that is composed of industry veterans with a track record of scaling startups
- 401K, Healthcare, Vision, Dental
- Generous PTO policy
- Free Lunch on Friday and unlimited snacks!
Whip Media Group is a technology and data insights company that is transforming the global entertainment ecosystem. Our platform helps companies determine how to package, market, track and value TV shows & movies in this new world of cross-platform, cross-device, time-shifted, global viewership.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.