Technical Writer at mParticle
mParticle is growing our product engineering team and is seeking a technical writer! mParticle's platform is used by development, product, and marketing teams around the world and needs best-in-class documentation. As a technical writer, you will build, edit, and maintain technical documentation, white papers, blog posts, and other materials for our platform.
Your work will be meaningful and will have a strong impact on mParticle and our clients’ success. mParticle technical writers partner closely with our product and engineering teams to build and document features that are intuitive and well documented. You will interact with some of the best minds in the mobile app technology and marketing space and will be exposed to cutting edge SaaS platforms across the analytics, attribution, marketing automation, and social media domains.
Our clients include marketing and engineering stakeholders for some of the largest apps in the world and our platform processes nearly one third of the world’s smartphone traffic. If you are interested, here are some details to help you determine whether this is the right role for you.Responsibilities
- Team with mParticle's engineering and product teams to document new features are developed and deploy new content to our public doc site: docs.mparticle.com
- Collaborate with mParticle's customer solutions, partner development, and senior management across the company to iterate and improve existing content
- Develop methodology and processes to maintain a clear and consistent writing style and voice across all documentation
- Work with the product marketing group in developing and maintaining external collateral describing the platform to technical stakeholders
- Author and produce technical product white papers
- Become a subject matter expert and evangelist to the technical community
- BA/BS degree in English/Communications, Computer Science, Information Management or related field of study
- 3+ years of technical writing experience, ideally in the SaaS or B2B software product space
- Ability to collaborate across teams and manage documentation priorities and deadlines
- Portfolio of work; illustrating a proven ability to communicate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience within SaaS, ad-tech, or marketing software is a plus
- Light web-development skills is a plus - our documentation site is continuously integrated and deployed many times per day.
Founded in 2013, mParticle is the leading customer data platform that unlocks the full power of data for businesses. The company empowers brands to accelerate their growth strategy to keep pace with their customers by providing the most advanced data platform for web and apps across all devices in the marketplace. A trusted partner among renowned brands such as NBC Universal, Spotify and Airbnb among many others, the mParticle platform has grown to manage over 1 billion mobile users each month, capturing over $5 billion in e-commerce transactions and processes over 250 billion API calls. Recognized as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work three years in a row and named to Gartner’s “Cool Vendors in Mobile App Development” list, mParticle has 100+ employees and is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, Seattle, Florida, and London.