Technical Writer at Simon Data
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.The Role
Simon Data is looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join our team! If you are a candidate whose ideal next role is working to build a bridge between the Product and Engineering teams within a company and their customers, allowing for technical complexities to be discernible to a wide audience, then this is the role for you! You will partner closely with our Product and Engineering teams to build a document library that outlines our features in ways that are intuitive and well articulated. The successful candidate has experience at a SaaS company, distilling complex concepts into understandable, manageable tasks appropriate for diverse audiences. You will craft developer and user-facing software documentation. We are looking for someone who can quickly attain a solid understanding of our users’ needs (both internal and external) and build the content to help them best use our product to deliver amazing results.
As the first member of Simon Data's Technical Writing Team, you will be instrumental in setting up our documentation infrastructure and tooling.What You’ll Do
- Research, write and produce a plethora of client-facing documentation for an ever-evolving product
- Contribute to structuring and implementing departmental procedures and workflows along with choosing our tooling and infrastructure for hosting the documentation
- Generate innovative ideas for content and workflow solutions, while working both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and others across the organization to obtain an in-depth functional understanding of the product and use cases
- Manage a multitude of projects and priorities concurrently and independently, in close collaboration with multiple partners.
- 3+ years of writing technical materials at a SaaS company for various audiences from technical end-users to internal users
- Developed technical writer voice and structure
- Strong, flexible writing skills appropriate for a client audience, with the ability to strike a conversational or more formal tone, depending on the deliverable.
- Skilled in managing projects, priorities, and objectives
- Collaborative, content structuring with partners
- Experience with deploying and managing documentation tools
- Experience editing content from a variety of sources
- Knowledge of API documentation (Postman or Swagger)
- Ability to define and implement processes and workflows
- Writing samples highlighting the desired skills and experience
- Experience maintaining a large amount of documentation for a product and establishing new content structures within it.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.