Temporary Internal Communications Senior Associate (Part-Time) at Harry's
*This is a temporary part-time (16-20 hours/week) position, estimated for the end of August 2020 through February 2021*
About the Role
The Internal Communications Contractor will provide temporary support on Harry’s, Inc. communications initiatives including but not limited to: drafting talking points, company emails, and newsletters, creating slides and materials for all-company meetings and events, and maintaining a calendar of internal communications moments. This role will cover a parental leave period for our internal communications person, on-boarding with them prior to their leave and supporting their transition back by maintaining records of happenings during their leave period as appropriate. Harry’s values a high level of transparency and communication with our team and this individual will be responsible for maintaining the pulse and tenor our communications during the contract period.
As the Harry’s team will be working remotely through the end of 2021, this role will be remote. Availability during standard business hours on East Coast time is required (9am-6pm ET).
About the Team
This role will report to the Chief of Staff to the CEO. You will work closely with the Chiefs of Staff, People Team, Executive Assistants, and functional leaders across the company in all geographies to manage and maintain our communications initiatives.
- Coordinate content for a weekly all-company meeting, sourcing from teams across the organization with support from co-founders’ Chiefs of Staff
- Support drafting talking points and creating slides for all-company meeting as required
- Solicit, draft, and layout content for a weekly all-company newsletter
- Put together content for a weekly briefing on business updates for people managers
- Run “Ask Me Anythings” with the co-founders every 6 weeks, setting up the meeting logistics via Zoom, gathering questions from the employee population and ensuring founders are prepared
- Manage a calendar of all-company communications moments in partnership with Workplace Experience and Learning and Development team members, including but not limited to guest speakers and lunch and learns.
- Serve as input on regional communications briefs (UK and German teams) as required, based on all-company communications
- Support enterprise projects communications, as lead by Chief of Staff and project-team partner, assisting with content, execution, and planning as appropriate
- Capture key internal communications-related happenings and information to support re-onboarding of permanent communications person
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience with direct internal communications experience, or roles with heavy internal communications elements
- Outstanding written, editing, verbal, and presentation skills and a journalistic ability to source stories and content from team members
- Experience with and ability to interface with leaders at all levels of an organization, from C-level executives to junior managers
- Can seamlessly translate and tailor messaging on complex concepts for a variety of audiences
- Able to adapt to the Harry’s tone of voice (we take our work very seriously but don’t take ourselves too seriously…)
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to manage shifting timelines and priorities
- Extremely adept with managing remote conferencing tools (e.g. Zoom), experience with MailChimp or other similar email platform, comfortable working with both Google Suite and Microsoft Office
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.