TV/Movie Writer at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed Entertainment Group is looking for a pop culture obsessive to write about movies and TV! We’re looking for someone who has a vast knowledge of movies (old and new) and watches television religiously that can channel their knowledge into shareable content that’s entertaining and engaging for fans of the entire pop culture spectrum. (More light hearted, to-the-point, and fun posts rather than essays, reviews, or cultural critiques). You should feel comfortable writing about fan theories, easter eggs, and other incredulous details that fans know and love. You should be able to write from the POV of a fan, as you’ll be creating content for them.
We’re looking for those who truly know the deepest corners of the internet, consume pop culture like air, and have a passion for telling stories in a unique voice.
This is a full-time, staff role based out of our New York or Los Angeles offices, available to start immediately. Must have a flexible schedule as working weekends might be required.
- Generate ideas for content based on TV and film news of the day
- Dream up evergreen stories for slow news days
- Attend brainstorms and contribute to team goals
- Create videos, social and distributed assets
- Post multiple times per day
- High emotional intelligence
- Extremely organized and efficient
- The ability to take perspective of others
- Experience writing about pop culture content
- Knowledge of other platforms/how content is shared and consumed
- Some experience with video editing and graphic design
- A competitive drive — you enjoy winning, really going for it
- A genuine, wide-eyed love of pop culture in all its forms
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters)
- Create an account at buzzfeed.com/signup and submit two or more posts/drafts that show off your writing skills (no essays). Make sure to submit your user account and any links you’ve created along with your application.
- In your cover letter, please include a short explanation of why you would be a good fit for this role
- Submit your resume
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.