Vice President, Corporate Communications
WW is looking for candidates to help change people's lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit our career site.
As VP, Corporate Communications, you will be responsible for the ongoing execution of the Corporate Communications strategy as it comes to life with external stakeholders. This high-visibility and strategically important role will use and develop your ability to create and deliver communications strategies and programs to position WW as a thought leader and articulate the change journey for the brand.
You will report directly to Chief Communications Officer and partner with C-Level executives and public relations leads globally. You will proactively identify and implement opportunities for media and brand building initiatives. You will be responsible for writing external and internal communications for WW President and CEO, including speeches, presentations, employee communications, talking points, backgrounders and thought leadership.
- Develop and lead external corporate communications strategy and plan to help the organization fulfill our Impact Manifesto
- Clearly and crisply capture the personality/voice, vision and priorities of the CEO for various audiences through a variety of mediums
- Highlight the WW story as a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life
- Develop new storytelling opportunities that advance passion for the WW community and generate results
- Identify opportunities and mitigate risks to build and protect the corporate reputation
- Build and maintain strong relationships with top-tier business, financial, consumer and tech industry press
- Proactively source media and content opportunities providing a recommended approach, developing necessary materials (e.g. pitch, messaging, visual/experiential support, etc.), and liaising with journalists and executives
- Manage incoming media inquiries providing a recommended approach, developing necessary materials (e.g. press releases, statements, Q&A, etc.), and liaising with journalists and executives
- Identify new - and vet incoming - speaking engagement requests for value and liaise with conference organizers
- Lead reporting and analysis of financial results
- Establish an approach to measurement, success metrics and insights that allows WW to assess the impact of its communications efforts
- Establish a strong rapport and earn the confidence and trust of the CEO and CCO
- Produce compelling communications of all types - speeches, messaging, video, social media, presentations - that effectively convey the voice of the CEO and WW mission
- Proactively expand and strengthen media relationships, placing positive WW stories, and amplifying positive coverage to maximize reach/impact among key stakeholders
- Establish an "always-on" influencer engagement program through the identification of creative ways to bring the WW mission to life
- Superior communications skills with a talent for storytelling in a brand-led organization
- Exceptional at generating content creation and awareness in a creative, nimble manner
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Business or similar area required
- Minimum 15 years of communications experience in a fast-paced, high-growth startup, and/or leading communications for brands/companies undergoing transformation and growth. Agency and journalism experience are both highly relevant.
- Current media relationships with the ability to – and passion for – leveraging relationships for WW and its mission
- Hands-on media relations experience with top-tier media across television, print business media, brings a strong network of established contacts
- Exceptional writing abilities – can write fast, quickly capture the voice of the CEO
- Technology-forward, experienced with new platforms for communicating and amplifying messages
- Agile, nimble, can manage change and shift gears quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects, with proven ability to quickly assess competing priorities in a high energy environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead external and internal partners to ideate strategically and execute quickly, effectively and consistently
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Proven research and intelligence gathering skills to gather data, best practices, and points of view to ensure sound judgment and recommendations
- Superior collaborative working abilities
- Thrives in a fast paced, creative environment
- Passion for the WW mission, health and wellness
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall wellbeing, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.